first day of nationals (pt3)

ELO: Bodhi! Hey! Why isn't your wettie on? Do you want this or not? Come on!
POPPY: Alright, you got this.
☆彡
COMMENTATOR: There's been a late change in the Victorian line-up Bodhi Mercer stepping in to replace Poppy Tetanui in the Girls' Pairs final.
*Dice and Molly walk up to Bodhi*
DICE: Hey, hey! There she is! Our Aussie Hadid!
BODHI: Dice. Molly. Good to see you.
MOLLY: Have you seen the campaign yet? Your bikini is selling like hotcakes. I even got one myself.
BODHI: That's great. Really. Um... Do you know why they didn't use my surf shots?
MOLLY: Oh. Uh... I think the team just felt your swimwear shots were stronger.
BODHI: It's just that I told you I wanted to be seen as a surfer.
DICE: Bodhi, who cares? You look great.
BODHI: I care because this is my career. But people like you only see me as the token black girl.
MOLLY: Bodhi, that's ridiculous.
BODHI: He also called me an "exotic creature" and told me I was "only there for diversity".
*Wren runs over but is further behind them and looks at the 3 of them*
DICE: Hang on. So, you trashed my hotel room. Why? Because I gave you direction?
BODHI: No! My friend took matters into her own hands because I was too scared to call you out for being racist.
MOLLY: Okay, Bodhi.
DICE: Are you serious?
MOLLY: This is not the time or the place.
DICE: What the hell is wrong...?
*Molly grabs Dice's shoulder and starts to walk away*
MOLLY: We'll talk about this later.
*Wren walks up to Bodhi*
WREN: Are you okay? Bodes. Bodes, look at me. Deep breaths, yeah?
BODHI: I don't know what came over me.
WREN: I don't know, either. What were you thinking?
BODHI: I needed to tell her what happened.
COMMENTATOR: Here we go, folks! It is Finals time!
WREN: Okay, just forget about it. We need to focus on what's important. Winning.
*Wren runs into the water leaving Bodhi there alone*
COMMENTATOR: We're nearly at the end of Day One and the pressure is on. Whoever wins this pairs final will put their team one step closer toward winning the national title. Wren Radic attacks another one. The Victorian captain hasn't missed a beat today. But she'll need Bodhi Mercer to bring it home.
*Wren comes running out of the water and tags Bodhi's hand and Bodhi's goes running into the water*
ARI: Come on, Bodhi!
JADE: You got this Bodes!
GRIFF: Yeah, Bodes!
COMMENTATOR: Tasmin Storm in the pink has been dominating for NSW. And here she goes again!
*Summer runs over to Ari*
SUMMER: What does she need to win?
ARI: An 8.2 or better.
SUMMER: Mmm. Piece of cake.
ARI: Hey, I'm glad you came back. It would've been hard without you.
SUMMER: Well- technically I'm not surfing, at least not yet so who knows.
WREN: Come on, Bodhi!
POPPY: Lets go, Bodes!
JADE: You got this, Bodes!
SUMMER: I'm gonna figure out a way to be happy for you. I promise.
*Ari smiles and nods at her*
SUMMER: Come on, Bodes!
COMMENTATOR: Here goes Mercer. Throwing buckets there! And another solid carve.
*Everyone cheers and applauses for Bodhi*
COMMENTATOR: Huge layback snap! But has she come off? No! She's glued on!
*Everyone cheers again*
COMMENTATOR: And that's an 8.4 for Bodhi Mercer!
*We all scream and hug each other and cheer*
SUMMER: She won?!
ARI: She won!
*They hug and Wren looks over jealously but still cheers for Bodhi and we all run to Bodhi*
WREN: We won!
*Wren shouts to everyone as she puts her hands in the air but runs over to Bodhi after and we all put our hands in the air as we run to Bodhi*
SUMMER: Bodhi!
JADE: You did so good!
*Everyone hugs her and Molly runs over*
MOLLY: Bodhi! You were so incredible. Congratulations!
*Molly puts a pink Subtropix hat on Bodhi*
MOLLY: Our star.
*Bodhi takes off the hat*
BODHI: Not the time or place for that, Molly.
*Bodhi puts the hat on Molly*
BODHI: We'll talk later.
*Everyone oohs and they boo Molly and Griff and Ahmed pick Bodhi up by her leg and put on leg on each of there shoulders*
AHMED: Whoo!
*Everyone cheers*
COMMENTATOR: And what a day! Some huge moments, some heartbreak,
*An interviewer walks up to Molly but she puts her hand up and takes the hat off and walks away*
COMMENTATOR: ,and an even bigger day coming back tomorrow. That win will see Victoria finishing Day One in third place.
*Were all inside this place now and Wren and Bodhi are getting pictures taken together and Tuscany walks out of the changing room and looks at Bodhi and Wren but someone bumps into her and she spills her stuff so me and Summer walk over and help her pick it up*'
TUSCANY: What do you two want?
SUMMER: I just wanted to say sorry if I messed you up out there. Whatever happened between you and Bodhi, it's none of my business.
TUSCANY: I'm Team Captain. If I can't handle a little sledging, I deserve to lose.
JADE: Hey. There's always tomorrow.
*Me and Summer start to walk away*
TUSCANY: I really like her, you know. Bodhi.
SUMMER: Yeah, but you've got someone else. I get it. Believe me.
TUSCANY: I don't have a girlfriend. Bodhi mentioned she was tight with Wren. That would not work for me.
*We look over at Bodhi and Wren to see Wren on Bodhi's back and the guy taking a picture of them*
SUMMER: You not a fan?
TUSCANY: Oh, she was nice when I was a noob. Just not so much when I started beating her in comps.
SUMMER: Yeah, we've seen it up close.
TUSCANY: One time she messed with my board in the middle of a comp.
*My eyes widen*
TUSCANY: And she outed me to my sponsor.
JADE: Are you kidding?
SUMMER: So, you must've been stoked when Bax got dropped and they had to leave Queensland.
TUSCANY: Is that what they told you?
JADE: Is that not what happened?

WITH THE BOYS
*Marlon and Ahmed are playing a card game together and Ahmed wins and Bax is laying on the sofa reading a book and Griff is sitting crisscross on the ground with his air-pods in Ari is on his phone when Abbie sends her a video of him and Summer dancing and she says "Good luck tomorrow, tiny dancer xx." And Ari watches the video smiling when Wren texts "Meet me outside? X". But Ari ignores it and continues watching the video*

WITH THE GIRLS
*Bodhi and Poppy are sitting on the top bunk laughing about something and eating and Wren is sitting on the other bed looking at the read message she sent Ari and she looks down at the bottom bunk and sees Summer not there so Wren leaves the room and sees me and Summer walking back to the room*
WREN: Where have you two been?
JADE: We don't have to tel-
SUMMER: We were hanging out with Tuscany. We had a very long chat. Turns out it want Bax that got dropped from Queensland.
☆彡
word count: 1215