Chapter 21

18 months later (Toronto, Canada) -

Dan is currently doing his rounds at the hospital he currently works for, just another day of helping a majorly injured patient regained their movements back on track; massaging a leg of someone who's been paralyzed, heling someone walk again after a terrible accident, and a daily physical therapy session with different people around his town.

He seemed to be living the dream now.

"Yo Danny! You up for a drinking sesh tomorrow with us? It's our off tomorrow!" a fellow nurse at the hospital invited Dan as they are about to clock out of work.
Dan smiled, "sorry, I have to take my son out to see his godfather tomorrow," he politely declined, his colleagues understood and they all dispersed, leaving the premises of the hospital no
A few blocks from where Dan currently works is the daycare center that he enrolled his son, to be looked after while he works.

The daycare teacher smiled when he saw Dan and immediately calls the caretaker of the almost 2 year old boy.

"Hwangje!" Dan cooed happily when he saw his adorable son being brought back to him.

"He's been so good all day and is very friendly, as always," the caretaker said and smiled as she gave the toddler to his dad

Dan smiled and took his son, "I know, my little jeje is so good, aren't you," he baby talked at his son and kissed his cheek then tickled his chubby tummy, making the baby squeal. Dan thanked the daycare personnel and proceeded to go home with his son.

Almost 2 years ago when Dan escaped his home country and ran away to somewhere peaceful and very, very far. He endured so much in a foreign land all while carrying a child with him. Spending a year working as a virtual medical associate, and after giving birth thanks to the assistance of his cousin, who's a nurse as well. He helped him hide from the world for a while, until he's back to being how the world should see him.

His cousin also helped him score a job where he work at right now, and he's very happy and contented about his life.

As for Jaekyung... well... he hasn't heard a thing about the man since he escaped South Korea, and he's trying to forget. So far he manages to keep the man out of his mind, but every time he looked at his son, he can't help but keep remembering the only man he ever loved.

Dan named him Kim Hwangje.

He's a baby boy; born on the 3rd of the 7th month last year, he weighed 3 pounds when he came out, all ten fingers and toes, and he looks so much like Jaekyung, it's as if the only contribution Dan gave is the faint streaks of brown in his hair an...

He's a baby boy; born on the 3rd of the 7th month last year, he weighed 3 pounds when he came out, all ten fingers and toes, and he looks so much like Jaekyung, it's as if the only contribution Dan gave is the faint streaks of brown in his hair and the fact that he carried him for 9 months and 2 weeks.

His name means "Emperor" in Korean, which is what his other dad's title in the ring, it sounds fitting, he said.

Dan smiled, stroking a gentle finger on the baby's face as he watched the boy nap after a long day in the daycare, it's 5 pm and he knew he's gonna regret letting him nap right now, but for his little angel he'd stay up every day.

"We'll be visiting your uncles tomorrow, so be behave okay?" Dan murmured at his sleeping baby and chuckled, "but then... you're always behaved, such a good boy with terrible tantrums sometimes," he said and booped his nose, kinda like booping Jaekyung's nose too, "and your hands are so fast in grabbing anything near you... hope you won't end up fighting in the ring too," he whispered and chuckled before kissing his cheek.

After that Dan went downstairs to go and prepare the things he needed to bring for tomorrow, order take out for dinner and sleep, hopefully his baby won't wake up in the middle of the night when he got enough nap.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dan traveled by bus for 30 minutes to go to the town near his own to visit his uncle and cousin, so they can also see the baby after a month of not seeing him.

As always his uncle is always so happy to see the baby and Dan get to chitchat with his cousin.

"Hey, I have plans to travel to Korea next week, wanna tag along?" Jung, Dan's cousin, asked.

Dan froze when he heard that then he smiled to hide it, "no... besides I have work and I don't think jeje is old enough to travel," he said.

Jung frowned, "you always decline whenever I ask you, it's just for two weeks, I have college friends to visit," he said and pouted, "and jeje can travel now, babies less than 2 weeks old are the ones restricted to travel," he added, "I can pay for his fare!" he offered.

Dan just gave a smile, "no thanks... I'd rather take a PTO and stay at home with jeje all day until said PTO is over," he said and chuckled.

"I left Korea for a reason," his mind added but didn't say out loud.

Jung continued to pout but didn't press anymore.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After spending the whole day in his uncle's house, Dan went back home and settled in for the night, watching TV with the baby in the living room just until the baby felt tired enough to sleep. He has been fed and washed already.

"What should we do tomorrow, hmm?" Dan cooed and kissed the top of the baby's head, chuckling at his baby babbling, "that's a good idea! Spend the day at home all day," he cooed and rained kisses all over the squealing, giggling baby's face, "oh my little jeje, so cute!" he gushed and the baby continued to squeal and giggle.

The two spent some happy time together in this quiet peaceful night.

Meanwhile...

Outside Dan's apartment, a pair of black and white rubber shoes stepped foot at the sidewalk near his front house; a man dressed in black pants and expensive leather jacket paired with his black cap stood in front of the apartment, carrying a large gym bag on one hand, piercing black eyes stared at the small apartment in the quiet neighborhood of this small town.

He's in the right place, the same exact address in the piece of paper in his hand.

He found him.

Joo Jaekyung found Kim Dan.

++++
disclaimer: the art isnt mine, I just saw it from my reels, I think the original artist is named Seira, credits to her for that adorable Joo x Dan baby 🥰🥰

++++
another disclaimer: sorry for the false alarm on the chapter update ya'll hehe ☺️