Chapter 15

Day 6:

The next morning, Jaekyung woke up from his not so peaceful sleep, he woke up at 7:30 am after falling asleep at 4:30 am due to waking up at 2 am after falling asleep at 12:30 am, 30 minutes after his pre-fight sex with Dan and spending the remainder of it thinking about every word Dan said to him when he confessed.

Jaekyung sighed, he needs to be at the gym by 9 am as the fight will start at 2 pm later and there are many more rituals needed to be done before the fight start.

He forced himself up and went to the shower and brush his teeth, get dressed and grab his bag to go to the gym early so he have time to practice some more, but when he passed by the kitchen he could smell Dan’s cooking. He was about to forget all about. Breakfast but he needed that, so he went to the kitchen.

His eyes widened when he found the food already all set on the table but Dan is nowhere in sight, but he did left a note on the vase with a single sunflower on it though;

“Coach Namwok texted, he said I arrive early for the medical report, please eat before leaving -Doc Dan.”

The note said in a neat handwriting that clearly belongs to the doctor.

Jaekyung smirked and folded the note before putting it in his pocket, sat down and began digging in his breakfast.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jaekyung arrived at the gym, filled with people of all kinds; team black staffs, coaches and fellow fighters as well as reporters and journalists with their cameraman’s to cover the upcoming fight.

The fighter was swarmed by both media and his peers but his dark eyes lingered through the crowd, searching for that one person he wanted to see.

And when he did saw him; wearing his usual ocean blue colored scrubs that he pair with that awfully old rubber shoes, his usual gray jacket and that cheap black shoulder bag he always carry, that’s him, Kim Dan. His whole world stopped and he tore through the crowd of people surrounding him, making his way towards him, trying to form words to say just so he can talk to him and make a conversation.

“Should I say it back too?”

He mused to himself, all while taking big strides going to the doctor.

Dan looked up from the paper he is reading and looked at his boss who is nearing him now, he only gave him a millisecond look before looking back down on the paper, “I got your reports, you’re all good and fit for the day,” Dan said, sounding as professional as he can get and avoiding any sort of eye contact with the fighter, “you have a sparring session with coach Yeseop before the match,” he said before turning around and making a bee line towards coach Namwok, not even giving a chance for Jaekyung to say a word.

Jaekyung watched the smaller man avoid eye contact and make as much distance from him as he can, he let out a small grunt and made his way to the training room for the last sparring session.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After the sparring session, Jaekyung is now in a private room waiting for Dan for his treatment, the match will begin in 2 hours.

After some time Dan entered the room, “lay down please,” he said professionally, taking his bag down and getting ready for the fighter’s treatment, Jaekyung did as told and laid down the Dan began the treatment.

There was only silence in the room for a solid 2 minutes, until Jaekying broke it first, “why didn’t you wake me up when you received a call from coach to come in early?” he asked.

“Coach only needs me to come in,” Dan answered as he continued massaging on Jaekyung’s muscles.

Jaekyung’s eyebrow raised at the way Dan sounded then he chuckled, “about last night… don’t worry, I don’t take whatever you said to heart, you can stop acting all nervous and awkward now,” he said.

Dan paused for a second then continued, “I know, pretty sure all other confessions from your other flings didn’t matter to you as well,” he said, “and I’m not being awkward, because what I said is true, I… do love you…”

“So do I…”

“As for nervous, well… I guess I am still nervous, after all, this is my firat time confessing, but I’ll get through it,” Dan continued as he finished up, “there… all done…” he said, knowing something else needs to be done other than treatment, “anything… else I can do?” he stupidly asked.

Jaekyung’s mind and heart is at war; he doesn’t know if he’ll take the same courage Dan took and just say it as well or if he will just shut up and not take the risk.

He chose the latter, “you know there is,” he said and pulled Dan in close, till the smaller man was sitting on his lap, Dan was prepared for the rough treatment but instead he felt a large warm hand cupping his cheek then pulled him in for a gentle kiss, passionate but not as rough as it used to be.

Dan closed his eyes and responded, kissing the fighter back and cant help but express his love for him through the kiss.

Jaekyung held Dan on his hips to pull him closer, standing up and laying Dan on the bed he was laying on earlier as he kept kissing him, carefully removing the doctor’s clothes as he kept kissing him, Dan is also doing the same, pulling the fighter’s shorts down just enough to expose him.

What was usually a rough and rushed sex before the match was now slow and gentle, almost as if it’s love making.

“No, Dan… he doesn’t love you, he’s just satisfying his jinx before the match, this is not love making, you’re just his tool, always will be.”

Dan thought to himself as he takes everything Jaekyung is giving.

Jaekyung kissed Dan as passionately as he could, as if trying his best to send the message across without needing to say the words. The words that scares him so much that it keeps him awake.

“I love you too, Kim Dan.”