Chapter 42

Dan's eyes fluttered open, stirring awake he looked down on himself and saw he's already cleaned up and wearing his sleeping clothes again. His eyes strayed at the clock in his room and he found it's already 11 am now, he definitely just missed work for today, he turned to the other side of the bed and found Jaekyung is no longer laying next to him, he got up and looked around the room but the other man is not around.

Footsteps padded their way out of the bedroom in search of his lover and when he got downstairs he found the other man on the couch; his large body laying there while the baby is sitting on top of his muscular chest, the two of them giggling at each other as Jaekyung is using the baby's small hands to cover his own eyes then saying pick-a-boo as he removed the baby's hands.

That sight was enough to make Dan's heart melt, it was such a precious moment to look at; so he quietly made his way back upstairs to get his phone and went back to his original position on the stairs, snapping a few pictures of Jaekyung and his baby looking like the perfect father and son that they are.

Jaekyung could see movement from the corner of his eyes, whipping his head to the direction of the stairs he found Dan snapping pictures, he smirked and carried the baby, pressing their faces together and posed for the camera.

Dan blinked and chuckled, "you guys looked cute," he said as he went further downstairs and walked his way towards the couch.

Jaekyung chuckled and scoot a little bit to let Dan sit down, "nah... little emperor is the only perfect one," he said.

"What time did you wake up?" Dan asked, threading his hands through the baby's hair.

Jaekyung shrugged, "guess around 6 or 7, I heard the baby fussing, so I just woke up and tended to him," he said and hugged the baby, kissing his cheeks too, "he's already fed and changed, I'm just playing with him till he get tired enough for afternoon nap," he said.

Dan smiled and he leaned down to kiss the baby's cheek too, then he went to peck at Jaekyung's lips as well, "thanks for tending to him," he murmured.

Jaekyung blushed a little at that and he smiled, kissing at Dan's forehead, "no problem, he's my lil sunshine... my little emperor," he cooed, hugging the baby close and burying his nose on the baby's hair, 'my little emperor... I love you so much, this could be my last day here,' he thought quietly as he just held the baby close, "anyways... I made breakfast, you should go eat," he said and smiled.

===================================

After Dan had breakfast, he called the hospital about his absence and made an excuse that he's got moving things going on so he applied for a casual leave, after that he just spent the day at home with Jaekyung and Hwangje.

Dan had put the baby back in the nursery as he was having his afternoon nap right now, then he heard a loud thud from the bedroom as if something just fell. He immediately went to the bedroom to check if Jaekyung is alright, "what happened? Did you fall off the bed? Hit your shin or your pinky toe on the door?" he asked.

Jaekyung was standing in the middle of the room his face looked shocked and his phone was on the ground as if he just dropped it, "uhm... no I'm fine," he said and exhaled, "just... just shocked, uhm... I just received Choi Heesung's wedding invitation," he said, "his wedding will be on 17th of January next year, in Jeju Island," he said.

Dan smiled at that, "oh really? That was great, only 3 months away!" he said happily, "I'm so happy for him, he finally found his the one," he said then he looked back at Jaekyung, "so who's he marrying? And why was that so shocking that you had to drop your phone?" he asked as he picked up Jaekyung's phone to look at the invitation.