Chapter 16

The fighter and his doctor are getting dressed now, getting ready for the fight that is about to commence in half an hour, Dan is wearing his scrubs back on and arranging his hair.

Jaekyung took a deep breath as he wore his shorts back on, not knowing if he’s nervous for the fight later or contemplating to say his feelings out loud too. It’s funny because he never gets nervous before going up on the ring, so its definitely the latter. He exhaled, “hey doc,” he said.

“Yeah?” Dan answered, turning around.

Jaekyung paused when he saw those pair of brown eyes look at him, it almost took his breath away, why did he only noticed now how beautiful Dan really is? He was speechless, he cant seem to push the words out.

Dan tilted his head when he did not hear a response, "sir?" he called.

He groaned and just went and pulled Dan in for a kiss, startling the confused doctor, the tiny man yelped when he felt a hand squeezed his tender buttcheeks, “needed that extra luck,” Jaekyung said, making excuses instead of just saying it out loud.

Dan blushed profusely and was left standing there as Jaekyung left the room first.

====================================

“I can take down enemies of different nationalities and I’m fucking scared of nothing!” Jaekyung thought to himself, or more accurately scolding his own damn self, “yet I cant even say those 3 goddamned words, what the actual fuck?!” he continued and huffed as he entered the ring.

His whole body is on autopilot, doing the usual things he always do before every fight, all while a certain doctor from the backrow of the arena is watching him.

“The fuck am I gonna do? How the fuck do I just fucking say those words?! Damn it how can he simply blurt out that shit?”

Jaekyung continued to stress himself out while gearing up for the fight, the bell rang and the fight began.

Despite being filled with thoughts about confessing to Dan and Dan himself, his form and his fighting was never wavered, he did not lose focus on the enemy at hand.

Dan watched in awe as Jaekyung finished the fight in less than 10 minutes not even going past 3 rounds, he was watching as if wonderstrucked on the strong fighter tasting yet another victory.

Dan run a hand on his belly, feeling for his unborn child inside him, “your father is so strong, I wish you’ll be like him…” he muttered to himself, then he could feel tears stung his eyes as he thought of things.

Team black is yet again going out for a celebration.

“You were amazing yet again Jaekyung!” Coach Namwok cheered, “you guys know the tradition?”

“PORK BELLY!!!!!!!!!!!” the rest of the team black cheered.

Jaekyung just scoffed at them.

“You were amazing, congratulations sir,” Dan said and smiled.

Jaekyung smirked, “tell me something I don’t know,”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Day 7:

Dan woke up early as usual as he was about to head to work with his boss, he sighed as he felt the queasy feeling again.

He felt bile rising up from his stomach and he immediately ran to the bathroom in his room and retched out everything he ate last night, puking for a while then he flushed the toilet and catch his breath.

He went to brush and wash his face at the sink before leaving the bedroom.

“Why do you look so pale? Are you okay?” Jaekyung asked as he prepared breakfast and was surprised to see Dan looking sick.

Dan gave a smile, “this is nothing, I’m good,” he murmured and went for a glass of water.

Jaekyung raised his brows and plated some toast and eggs, “stay home, you don’t look well,” he said.

Dan looked up at him, he was just planning on asking for a day off but then it looks like Jaekyung read his mind, “I was just about to… ask for some time off,” he murmured.

“Well time off granted, stay home and rest,” Jaekyung said as he put the plate of food in front of Dan, “just… wait for me here,” he said.

“I have something to tell you,”

Dan just gave a smile at that as he began eating the food.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dan is now all alone in the penthouse, its now 9 am and he’s currently looking out the floor to ceiling window in his room, staring at the city and seemed to be lost in thought.

He looked at his watched and saw the time, then he turned to make his way to his bed and sat there for a second.

Dan reached out to open the drawer where the wooden box his grandma gave him is hidden, he took it out and opened it then took out the retractable knife in there.

Dan closed his eyes and sighed.

“It’s time…”

He pushed a button on the handle of the knife making the sharp razor come out then he used it to cut a straw rope.

His 7 days are up.