Chapter 18

Flashback to a month and a half ago –

Dan is sitting in his room, staring at the piece of paper that he found in the box, reading it over once more.

"Danny,

My dear boy, I don't have much left anymore in my old dying self, but I still refuse to leave you with nothing.

I know you have been suffering, I just didn't know how much, so... please contact my friend's number 082-xxxx-xxx-xxx and tell him that I am agreeing to sell to him the bridal closet, he is willing to sell it from me for $100,000.

Once you did that I want you to take the money and make use of it, it is all for you and no one else, live a better life and live far away with the family I found for you, don't be frugal on yourself, and I saw how skinny you have become so spend the money however you see fit.

I love you so much Danny, I'll always be with you."

Dan's tears filled his eyes again as he re-read the letter and he sighed, it's already midnight now so he will start doing that tomorrow

End of flashback

====================================================

Present time -

Dan is currently sitting on his seat, the plane has taken off an hour ago and he has now settled on his seat, he was reading the letter from his grandma again and he sighed as he folded it and placed it back in the box, then he picked up his passport and opened it, reading his picture and name written on it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 7 –

Dan was currently on his way back to Seoul with the rest of the team after the fight in Busan, then he heard his phone vibrate, so he fished it out of his bag and read the message;

"Mr. Kim Dan, this is XX travel and tours, we are delighted to inform you that your passport application has been processed now, kindly go to our office before 7 pm today so we can finalize the rest of the process and you will get it today,"

Dan blinked at the message and sighed, he locked his phone again and placed it back on his bag.

4:40 pm, Seoul –

Dan had just exited the building where the travel agency that processed his passport is located, holding a brown envelope that contains his passport.

After pondering at the side walk for some time he realized what this is for.

"Could this be my ticket out of here? Out of this life? Is that why... you left me that box?" Dan thought to himself.

"Grandma how long have you been planning this?"

=========================================================

Dan internally sighed as he stared at the passport, all this while his grandma has arranged for this, he didn't know his grandma has been planning to send him to his distant relatives once she's gone.

He flipped his passport open and found the stamp on one of the pages and he remembered something again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 9 –

After Dan met with his cousin in the café he opened the folder his cousin gave him and found all of the paperwork he needed for his departure to Canada, he found his visa there as well and he sighed, this is going to be a new chapter in his life, he's gonna escape the misery of his life here.

"I'm gonna do it... I have to..." Dan thought to himself, then he got up and left the café

==========================================================

Dan his passport back into the box and placed the box inside his carry on again and placed it back under his seat, he sighed and looked out the window of the plane, remembering how he spent the last 7 days with his boss and how he spilled his feelings to him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 16 (continuation of the ending of the chapter) –

"It's time..."

He pushed the button on the handle of the knife making the sharp razor come out and used it to cut a straw rope, then he used said rope to secure the things he is packing in his suitcase.

Dan is currently stuffing his one suitcase with his clothes and the rest of his things, he decided to leave all of the clothes Jaekyung bought for him and only bring what he thought belongs to him. Thank goodness he doesn't have much things, he also stuffed his carryon bag with his daily essentials and the box his grandma left him.

After a series of throwing up due to his pregnancy, he stuffed enough money that he got from selling his grandma's bridal closet into a letter envelope and wrote his message to Jaekyung, he needs to do it before his boss comes home, he have to finish it now once and for all.

"I'm sorry sir, I know I'm a coward... but... I really can't live this life anymore," Dan thought to himself as he felt like crying again, "don't worry... I'll keep this one thing that you gave me that will forever remind me of you..." he thought as he placed a hand on his belly, feeling his unborn child inside.

He finished packing his things at around late noon, left the letter and the money on the coffee table in the living room then he walked out with his suitcase and his bag.

Taking one last glance and sighed, then he opened the door and left the apartment.

=====================================================

Dan sighed again as memories flooded his mind as he watched the dark heavens waiting for his flight to take him on the other side of the world and start a new chapter in his life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Jaekyung is currently sitting on the sofa in the living room; the same black and white film he watched with Dan that one night is playing on the screen, he was watching it but he's not paying attention to it, the crumpled up letter Dan left him is laying on the coffee table as well as the scattered money when he ripped the envelope open earlier.

Then a knock was heard before the door opened.

"Hey, you called?" the person said, it was a woman.

"Sit," Jaekyung said.

"No thanks, tell me what you want," the woman said.

Jaekung stood up and faced the woman, "I heard you're good at your job, that's why I hired you," he started, he downed a glass of liquor before he gave the woman an envelope filled with thick amount of cash, "I need you to find someone for me," he said.