Chapter 58

Charles

My heart was beating fast. I could feel it pumping in my chest, almost seeming like it would jump straight out.
With a tight throat and shivering hands, I looked down at my desk.

No.

Without thinking any further, I rushed out of the drivers room. I couldn't be there any longer.
I went the way my feet carried me.

»Andrea

My personal health coach rose his head and put away the coffee as I stormed into the staff room.
I didn't realize I screamed at him in that moment.

»Charles? What's wrong?« He quickly got up from his seat.

I lowered my voice.
»I'm sorry I-« My head spun around. But I needed to focus, »did you see anyone go into my drivers room?«

He looked at me, confused.

»No, no one. What is it?«

I didn't know why I was even asking him.
It wasn't like Andrea had a camera in front of my door.

No, he didn't. But the paddock managers did.

»Nothing, it's fine.« I left the room, my thoughts still running.
I left him standing there, absolutely clueless.

But couldn't tell him. I couldn't tell anyone.

On my way out, I came across multiple safe guards in front of certain areas. I felt insane asking around if they saw anyone entering, but I stayed with no info. Nothing.
And I left everyone confused.

I entered the office of the paddock managing and went straight to those who were responsible for the safety cameras.

»I need the one pointed to my drivers room, please.« I asked politely, trying to stay calm.

»Have you got anything stolen?«, the IT-man asked, almost not noticing me.

Did he realize who I was?
Alright, Charles, not the time to play the "I could make you lose your job"- card.

»No.«

»Did someone put your sofa a little too much to the right?«, he asked again, obviously mocking.

Really? Are you kidding?

»No.«

»Do you have any reason at all to see the materials?«

»Yes.«

He faced at me with an asking look.

»I can't tell you right now.«

»Then I'm afraid that's not possible, Mr. Leclerc.«

»What? Why?«

»You can't invade the privacy of others without an approved reason. Data protection, I'm sorry.«

I groaned. God.

»Come on, it's important, please.« I tried to beg him, but the face of the worker stayed cold.

He shook his head. »Sorry, mate.«

***

I pulled out my phone and searched for my manager's contact.
Fortunately, he picked up quickly.

He was just as confused as everyone else I involved into my chaotic search for proof.
But I needed it. Desperately.
I needed to know who would do such a thing.