Chapter 34

Narrator POV

Charles just went home from his day at the paddock including that interview he gave.
The news blew up shortly after the world got to hear what he said. It was crazy.
He tried not to get influenced by the many comments everywhere even though there were plenty positive ones.
He got congratulated, people wished him luck with Valerie and most of the fans were happy for him.
Nothing was announced yet but Charles wanted to change that as soon as possible.
And he quickly turned off his phone before he could see any negative remarks from crazy fan girls.

Valerie would be at his place soon and Charles decided to set up the living room. Comfortable, candlelight with some snacks and her favorite movie.

He was also a little nervous about her reaction. She has surely seen the I interview by now and Charles couldn't really tell what she would respond.

Before he heard the doorbell ring, he had changed into more comfortable clothes like his grey sweater and some jogging pants.

With a bouncing heart, Charles opened the door, facing the most mesmerizing view.

»Come in, mon amour.« He made space to let her get pass him.
Valerie kept walking into the house and stopped in the kitchen, as usual.
It seemed like their spot for important conversations.

»That was a daring statement.«, she just said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

»Well, I didn't see the point in hiding it anymore.«
»Hiding what?«, Valerie asked playfully confused.
Charles' mouth formed into a smirk as he came closer.
»That I "love you like crazy"«, he repeated his words from the interview.

Valerie didn't do anything as Charles moved closer and closer, his hands finally resting on her hips.
She smiled, delighted by his commitment.

»So, you're not mad?«, Charles wanted to know, searing for her eyes.
»You simply told them the truth, didn't you?«

»Nah, I lied.«, he replied, moving apart again and turning his face away.
Valerie couldn't tell if there was a sarcastic tone in his voice.
For a split of a second, she got scared. Her heart seemed to stop beating, her breath cut.

Charles faced her again, with a smirking smile. He grabbed her by her waist and pulled her towards him, their mouth's uttered close.
»I would correct my statement a little bit.« He rested his gaze in hers. »Yes, I love you "like crazy". You make me crazy. If you were a drug, there wouldn't be a single sober vein in my body.«

Her face lit up, her eyes sparkling into his.
»Maybe I should be mad at you more often.«, Valerie mentioned and leaned in for a passionate, longing kiss that seemed to take forever.

»Have I told you that you look stunning in that dress?«, he whispered into her ear as they came to a pause.
»No,«, she replied, »but I bet I also look stunning without it.«

Charles didn't let himself be told twice.
The two of them disappeared into the living room, loosing all of their clothes on the ground.

________

»You are perfect.«, Charles groaned into her ear as they cuddled tightly on the couch, watching the movie.
A shiver went down Valerie's spine. But it didn't upset her. It didn't make her uncomfortable.
She has never heard it from someone.
And hearing Charles saying it meant so much to her.

She moved closer to him, burying her thoughts into his chest until they were all calm.

Their cozy cuddle hour was interrupted by the sound of the front door.
But the two lovebirds didn't notice anything since they fell asleep, sharing the spot on the couch.

»Lord Percevaaaaalllll.«, someone shouted excited through the house with a well-known spanish accent, obviously looking for Charles.
The latter one woke up, his arm tight around Valerie.
»Wha-«

But Carlos was already standing in the living room, staring at his sister and his best friend.

Valerie was startled like she was stung by a bee and stared shockingly at her brother.
She put her blanket further up her neck, embarrassed by the situation.

»I hope I'm not interrupting something.«, Carlos said chuckling.
Did Charles and Valerie really just faced Carlos, catching them laying together on the couch, their naked body's only covered by a large blanket.

»Mate, what are you doing here?«, Charles asked, his eyes barely keeping open.
»I wanted to check on my best friend, looking if he was still alive after that interview.«

»Why wouldn't I be?« Charles sat up while rubbing his eyes, revealing his naked upper body.

»Well, I know my sister has some temper.«, Carlos simply answered.

»I'm right here, you know.«, Valerie mentioned sarcastically, overplaying the inappropriate situation.
Charles chuckled, looking at Valerie who was still clinging to him, fighting her tiredness.

»How did you even get in here?«, she asked confused.
»I once gave him a spare key.«, Charles replied before Carlos could. »It was actually meant for urgent matters

»Oh, great.«, Valerie said jokingly, not believing, almost annoyed.

»This is an urgent matter!«. Carlos defended himself.
Both Charles and Valerie looked at each other, reading out of the others eyes what they should do.

»Would you...?«
Charles looked at Carlos while pointing inconspicuously with his head at the clothes on the floor.

»Oh, yeah right.« Carlos turned around and went straight to wait in the kitchen so the other two could get changed.

Charles got up quickly and searched together his clothes.
Valerie did the same, still not believing what just happened.

»If it was for me, we wouldn't have to put on clothes after all.«, Charles mentioned chuckling while he slipped back into his sweater.
Valerie gave him a flirty, laughing look and got back into her pants.

»Sooo, what is so urgent?« Charles accompanied his teammate in the kitchen, followed by his girlfriend.

Carlos turned around, exhaling relived as he saw the two fully clothed.
»I decided that we are going out with the boys tonight. Go into some bar, have some fun.«, he simply suggested.

Charles' face expression went blank.
»So you interrupted my time with your beautiful sister to drag me elsewhere to hang out with you guys?«

»Come onnnnn, it's been a long time since we went out together. Lando has already planned it. He is happy like a little child.« Carlos tried to change his friend's mind.

Charles exchanged looks with Valerie.
»Oh, you should go!«, she said encouraging, »I'll be fine.«

»But we wanted to spend the evening together.«

Valerie took a moment to think. »We will have plenty other evenings, mi amor. If you meet up with the boys, I'll have a girl's night«

Charles smiled at her and she gave it back.
Carlos felt a little left out in that moment, watching the love birds.
»Dios mio, someone put a bucket beneath them. The love is literally dripping!«

Valerie and Charles chuckled and turned to Carlos who was waving from his spot to let them notice he was there, a little offended.

Charles got change into some more exquisite clothes and grabbed his phone from the couch.

»Alright, you go then.«, Valerie said and gave him a little kiss on his cheek while her brother was already walking towards the front door.
But Charles turned fully to her, grabbing her face softly with his hands and kissed her ultimately on her lips, making sure she would return it.

»I'll see you later, mon amour
The tow Ferrari-drivers were now out of the house, leaving Valerie behind who was already on her phone, dialing Juliette's number.