Chapter 5

Valerie POV:

»So, this is where you will work. Today we will prepare the post for Instagram this evening and discuss some new designs for merchandise.«
Mia, the one who is responsible for the Media and PR at Ferrari, showed me around.
I nodded at everything she said and took a look at my desk. I already loved working here.
I spent the morning swiping through the different designs online and took notes on stuff we could change. Sometimes I answered the phone and every now and then someone came by and began a conversation with me, mostly about work.
Around midday the door opened and my brother entered the office.
»Heyy sis.«, he said as he saw me sitting at my desk. »What's up?«, I replied surfing through the internet.
»Well, today are the free practices. FP1 will be soon, thought I take a look what you're doing before.« Carlos watched me clicking on my PC.
»As you can see, working.«, I answered him and looked him in the eye. »Do you like it?«, he asked gazing around at the office. »Yeah, it's wonderful. Best decision of my live.«, I answered with a big smile.
Carlos seemed a bit off.
You nervous?«, I asked him.
»No, I have the feeling today will be good.«, Carlos said and looked out of the window. »But I think "Mr. driving you home" could be nervous.«, he continued and looked back at me with a smirk.
»How do you kn-? Nope, don't answer, I don't even want to know where you got that from.«
Everything was spinning in my head.
»Why would Charles be nervous?«, I asked my brother, focusing back on my desktop.
»Well, he won here in Monza once. I think the fans expect him to be good a second time.«

He had a point.

»Yeah, not my burden to wear. Anyways, gotta get back to work now. I will check in on the FP later, alright?«

Carlos left the media office and I got back to my work. It was really amazing doing the stuff I love. 
Few minutes later, someone of my team came by.
»Hey Valerie, I see you're doing great here.«, she said as she greeted me.
»Hey, yeah I already have fun. What can I do for you?«
»We are very busy right now and Mr. Leclerc's personal social media Manager is sick. He asked for advice on something he wanted to discuss in person. Maybe you could?«
I looked at her blank. »You sure there's no one else who could take this over?«, I asked, hoping I wouldn't have to face him.
»Is this a problem for you?«, she asked in a "do you want to lose your job?" tone.
I sighed. »Of course not. I will be right at him.«

»Mr. Leclerc?«, I said wondering why I did this to myself.
He turned around and looked me straight in my face. »What are you doing here?«, he asked confused.

God, this French accent..

»Well, I'm coming to give you advice on whatever you wanted to do.«
He looked around. »And you were the only one available, or what?«
»Why do you care? We are both working here-
Well, to be exact, I'm working here and you are just driving cars in a damn circle!« My voice volumed up a bit.
He gave me an offended look.
»What I wanted to say was that now that we are co-existing under the same roof we should be able to get along.«, I explained objectively.
»Alright, you're the boss at this topic.«, he just said and handed me his tablet.
»What are those?«, I asked while looking at a list of activities.
»I wanted to make another challenge video with Carlos and thought of some things we could do.«
»Truth or dare, beer-pong, What am I?, engineer battle,... really?« I read some things of the list aloud and shook my head. »This is what you think of?«
»What's wrong with it?«, Charles asked and gave me a mad look.
»This is boring as hell! When you want to reach your fans with a hilarious video you should come up with better things.«
Charles got comfy in his chair. »I think my fans love me no matter what I do. I'm great just by breathing.«
I don't if I should've taken it as a joke or if he meant what he said.
»At least that is what you tell yourself everyday in the mirror, right?«, I countered his self-confidence.
He acted like he didn't hear what I just said.
»Listen, I will come up with something, alright?
Just give me some time to think about it.«, I finally said.

I got up and wanted to leave. »Thanks. See you later at the FP, then.«, Charles added.
»Yeah whatever.« I went straight back to my office.

This guy will cost all my nerves.