Chapter 2

Silence still filled the air. Not surprisingly, though.
It was like back in school when you had to sit next to someone you don't like.

But I didn't mind it. I was looking forward to see my brother and starting my new job.
I wouldn't say I got the job because I'm Carlos' sister. It was an advantage, of course but I convinced them with my creative work and not with my family tree.

I felt relieved when the plane landed and took a deep breath.
Charles seemed to be halfway asleep so I closed my book obviously loudly so he would wake up.
When we got out of the plane, the beauty of Monza was already greeting us. The warm sun, the Italian culture, the people, the ocean,..
I took some time to look around.
»So, here we are.«, Charles finally said as he stood next to me.
»Yeah. How do we get to the track?«, I asked and directly regretted my words.
»Oh so we are continuing our couple trip, yeah?«, he replied jokingly while gazing at the beach that was near us.
I rolled with my eyes and looked for taxi station.
»I saw that.«, he mentioned and followed me.

We took a taxi to the circuit.
When we arrived, I instantly went to the Ferrari paddock. I greeted everyone that passed me and at some point I lost vision of Charles. On my way an engineer told me, that one of the drivers was in the garage.
I got in quietly and sneaked around.

»Yeah yeah, just hurry, man. Thank you.«, I heard a man say on the phone.
»Is there someone in a bad mood?« I got out of my hiding and walked towards my brother.
»Valerie! You're already here!« We got in a tight hug.
»Yes, I am. And I had some company while flying here.«, I said with an offended tone.
We broke off the hug and Carlos smiled at me because he knew he got caught.
»Carlos, I told you to leave it. When will you get that?«
»I thought maybe we could make it work that my sister and my best friend are in the same room.«, he answered and got his racing suit ready for Friday.
»Let's just not argue about that.«, I said and looked around. »Nice cars.«, I mentioned while observing the room.
»When will you start to work?«, my brother asked.
»Tomorrow. If you don't mind, I would check into the hotel now.«
»Yeah that's alright. Just be back later, we are having like a small dinner this evening with the crew and other drivers. Will be fun.« Carlos fumbled on his racing equipment while telling me.
»I will think about that. See you then, love you!«
I waved goodbye and left the garage.

My hotel room was very beautiful, big windows and a small, cute fridge with exquisite wine and stuff.
I unpacked my suitcases and got an outfit for this evening ready. A short, dark blue dress with a beautiful neckline.
Too much?
Nah, I will be great.

As I thought about this "small dinner", I remembered that Charles would be there too. For a moment, I hesitated.
But then I put my thoughts away and picked out my favorite necklace.

This evening will be fun.

I decided to go out in a café or something and get my head free. I wanted draw out some ideas I kept in mind just to relax.