Chapter 43

| Warning: mentioning of sexual content (only shortly but still warning after all) |

Narrator POV

The moon rose on the clear night sky, a light breeze was blowing around the trees and through the open window of Charles' bedroom.
The two love birds were snuggled in the bed, the clothes spread on the floor and their naked bodies tightly against each other.

Charles was still breathing heavily and uneven, recovering from the orgasm both of them just experienced - once again.

»You are amazing.«, he whispered into Valerie's ear and put his arm around her.
She embraced his fingers with hers, making him giggle like a little girl.

These little interactions meant everything to her, the hand-holding, stolen glances and his hand on her waist whenever he was near her.
It was like something she could've only dreamed of.
And her deep love for this man was indescribable.

After a while, Valerie suddenly stretched her upper body behind her to take a look out of the window.
»What is it?«, Charles asked with a sleepy voice, disturbed by her sudden movement.

»Nothing.«, she replied quietly, shifting back in a comfortable position, »Sorry.«
»You sure?«
She turned to face him, hesitating.

»I have the weird feeling that somebody is watching us.«
Charles had the urge to laugh at her suspicion. But he knew that she was very serious about it. He saw it at her concerned look - if he could identify it right in the poor lighting conditions.

He rolled over to the other side of the bed, sitting up at the edge of the bed and finally getting up, hardly carrying his tired limbs.
He walked over to the open window and leaned his upper body over the sill, his head going from left to right.

»Nope, no one in sight. Gosh, my garden looks beautiful, even at night.«, he chuckled with a silly smile.
Charles withdrew from the window and closed it behind him.
»Are you making fun of me?« Valerie raised an eyebrow from where she was laying.
Charles slipped under the blanket again, moving close to her. »I could never.«

She observed him with a critical look, clearly not satisfied with his unserious behavior.

And he obviously noticed.
»Don't worry, mon amour. You're safe with me.«

He put his arm around her waist, stroking down her side with his finger.
It made her ease a little.

And soon, she fell asleep under his soft movements, making her forget that she was concerned.
Charles leaned over to put a kiss on her cheek before getting back in a comfortable position, not letting go of her waist though.

***

The alarm went off when the first sun rays shined through the window, tingling Charles' nose.
He woke up, leaned over and turned his phone off.

Valerie sat up, the blanket wrapped around her to not reveal anything under it, even though Charles has seen it more than often.
»Good morning.«, she said, her voice still half asleep.
»Morning.« He leaned over to press a soft kiss on her lips and smiling widely after.

God, those dimples,
Valerie thought as he saw his smile, making her do the same.

»What's the plan for today?«, she asked and straightened up.
It was Friday, 7 days before the next race weekend.
Charles scratched himself at the back of his head.
»Some cardio training and a seat-sit afterwards.«

»Alright, let's get ready then.«
»You're coming with?«

Valerie chuckled. »Yeah, why wouldn't I? Remember my new job?«
»Oh, right.«
Charles had an enlightening look on his face. »But I would rather stay here, with you.«

»Tell me about it.«, she remarked, meeting his soft, sleepy gaze. »Did you sleep well?«, Valerie continued to ask, remembering his nightmares.

»Yeah, I actually did. With you by my side, always.« He winked at her, then got up.
This time, he wasn't lying.
The night was peaceful.

Charles put on his shorts that were laying on the floor.
He went around the bed, then handed Valerie her dressing gown and she put it around her shoulders.
»Thank you.«

»I'll hop under the shower real quick.«, he informed her and already disappeared into the bathroom.

In the meantime, Valerie gathered herself something to wear that day.

Soon, she found herself with Charles at the paddock. He was doing a seat-fit and she took a few pictures for his social media.

When she had a look at the shoots later, she noticed that Charles was not paying attention to the camera in one single picture.
He was always looking behind it.
Valerie smiled and showed them to him.

»How could I not?«, he simply answered, resting his gaze in hers.
How could he not look at her like she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen?

____________________________
Sorry for the short chapter again, I'm kinda busy and all but I try my best to keep you updated!
I'll have holidays soon, so plenty of time!

What do you think of the chap? I always love to hear from you<3