Chapter 72

What. No. What did he say just now? What's wrong with him? Why is he saying all these? No wait. Why is he saying all these to me?

He took one step towards me and my feet automatically took a step back. He kept coming closer to me and i kept stepping back.

He stopped.

" I never loved you Anna. I never did. You were too much sophisticated, not with money but with your pride of being the first girl in the class. You were proud about yourself. And I did everything to break that pride. You are incapable of getting loved, honey. Your existence itself is a burden and I do understand now , why exactly your dad has become a drunkard over the years. If he is to get along with a girl like you, I wonder what sort of a brat your mother is, that she made sure that your father turns into a fucking drunkard" he says.

I am standing at the edge of the cliff, but my acrophobia isn't hitting me. I am drowned in his words. I am drowned in what he is saying. What the reality is.

729 Days.
And nothing? Not a single minute of vulnerable affection? I lost everything to hear this truth?

I take a step back and that's when reality strikes me.

I SLIP OFF THE EDGE.

I somehow hold the last cone of the rock and Alex holds my other hand.
That's when reality struck me. I somehow managed to hold the last cone end of the rock...look up...& ask....

"Didn't you promise to hold my hand at my worst?"

He smiled, took hold of my hand with which i had the hope to climb up, and even in that last second I trusted, AGAIN, that maybe he was gonna pull me...up.....

And that's when he said,

"Do you really think you would have been on the edge of the ridge ,if whatever i promised was ever true in the least possible way?" he laughs.

I know I have lost everything in that moment, his voice isn't audible to me anymore.
I close my eyes and mom's face comes in the picture.

I AM SORRY MOTHER, I COULDN'T MAKE IT.

My eyes are tight shut when I hear him say his last words to me.

"YOU WENT TOO FAR WITH YOUR LIMITS. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND NOW....WHAT EXACTLY THE WORD REVENGE LOOKS LIKE .

ANNA ,YOU WERE JUST A SCRIBBLE I WON'T MIND ERASING OFF FROM MY DIARY OF LIFE. I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE FUTURE JOURNAL FOR YOU, BUT YOU WERE NOTHING BUT A SCRIBBLE PAGE FOR ME."

And with that, he lets go of my hand. He lets go of me.

And....our story ends at 729 Days. We couldn't make it to the full either.

I FALL......