Chapter 55

I reach home and stand at the doorstep.
If I go inside now.....i know I'll have to face endless things.....but I don't have a choice. I don't know where Alex is. He didn't come to the school, he didn't show up at the park and he isn't even receiving calls.
I finally take a step closer and turn the door knob as slow as possible so that the squeak sound happens at the lowest.

Luckily mom isn't in my line of vision, so I enter the house, quietly. I take off my shoes and slowly tap on to the floor with my toe so that the noise doesn't echo around the house.
I scan over the kitchen and the sofa section.
Nope.

I take a step on the stairs and the woods creak.
Fuck.

A second until I was about to assume that she isn't at home when she comes out of her room.

"Anna? Is that you?" she asks.

Ofc it's me. Who is supposed to have the key to the door except my drunk dad?

I don't answer her and instead walk up the stairs. When I reach the final one I see her standing by my room's door. The expression isn't really satisfying, so I don't make any further effort to initiate any conversation.

"Why are you back from the school so early? It's literally a half day and the vacations are starting from tomorrow. Are you okay?" she asks in confusion.

" No mom. The headache is literally killing me and i cannot bear it. I need to sleep to get it off" I say and walk towards her.

"It's just a headache Anna? Why are you whining about that????" she raised her tone slightly.

Welcome to your original version mom.

I don't say her anything anymore and instead walk past her.

"Can you get me something to eat? The pasta is absolutely cold. I didn't have it" I say, setting down the bag.

She doesn't say anything anymore and just leaves the room and walks away. The sound of her foot tap on the floor fades away.

What?
She left?
Without saying a word?
And that to also so peacefully?

Am i dreaming?
Is this even possible?

I sit there blank at the reaction i received. Is something brewing up......?
When I realise she is actually gone, i snap out from my state of shock.

I take out my phone and open WhatsApp. The green dot appears beside the status icon indicating new updates. I check on the latest updates of every one in the contact.  There's 100+ updates and some of them has literally 10-15 updates in one lane. Like wow.
After a few minutes I give up checking the stories. I stare at the plus sign below my profile picture on WhatsApp and click on the sign.

' Won't be available for the next few weeks. Going out with family. Won't be able to receive any calls or texts. '

I type this message and hit the send button to update the status.

I don't want anyone anymore to contact me. To reach out for me. I don't need any more faces to come up as "friend". I am done with everything.

I look at the screen and finally switch off the phone.

Okay.