Chapter 38

He got what he wanted. And now he's back to being himself. Wow. I actually did the dumbest possible shit just now and made it absolutely clear that it is impossible for me to not fall under the influence of his presence.

He loses his shit, gets angry, taps onto his second dark personality, pretends to be sorry for his behaviour, makes me trust his words 'again', finds a way to get access to my body, gets inside my pants, and boom! He is successful in his goal of playing with me on the snap of his fingers, and thus he is back to square one of being original 'him'.

"You ready?" Alex comes back from the washroom and combs his hair and goes to the other room without even looking at me for once.

Fuck it.

I get up and adjust my clothes looking at the mirror for one last time. I pick up the bag and sit on the stool outside the door to tie the laces of my shoes and wait for him. He almost storms past me, his perfume leaving it's trail of strong fragrance as he walks past me towards the show rack. I am taken aback by the silent treatment he is trying to give me. He puts on his sneakers and turns to me.

"You okay?" He lifts his one eye brow up and stares at me with a confused expression and a questioning look.
"Yeah" I say....a little more bluntly.

I walk towards him and he starts walking down the staircase. I follow him all the way to his bike.
"I'll drop you off by the bus stop?or home?" He asks.
"Home" i say bluntly.... emotions leaving my body in no minute.

With that, I climb onto the back seat and get a hold of his tshirt to adjust myself so that I don't slip. He turns and speeds up suddenly trying to do something out of track. Unable to keep up the balance he tilts to one side and my feet rubs against the wall of the lane at that speed causing the skin layers to peel off and blood come out.

"Fuck, ouch" I let out a light scream.
"Shit, sorry sorry" Alex says immediately apologising for the accident.
"No...it's ....it's okay..." I say stuttering..... trying my best to cover the screaming pain I am in.

He keeps on apologising every 2-3 seconds and i decide to go quiet. He stops at the red signal of the Central Avenue, and turns back and looks down to my bleeding foot.

"Fuck! Shit! Damn shit!!?" he screams.

A few people crossing the road gives a questioning look at us.
"It's okay...." I manage to say again.
"Can you drop me at the door of my house instead of at the lane?" I ask, my voice timid and slow and full of self doubt.
"Hm" he nods and our eyes suddenly lock.

He is crying. His eyes are...hurt and water has pooled in them....or.....i don't know.

The signal turns to green and he speeds up without saying another word. The rest of the road is a quite journey. Neither did he apologize nor did I say anything more.

We finally arrive in front of my house and I climb down from his bike and open my helmet.

"Please wipe this up and put on the ointment as required" he says..... emotions again vanishing from his voice.

What exactly is he? One minute he is floating in air for being in love with me and the next minute, he is pushing pins in my body slowly to make me feel the pain of being in love.
Why? Why me???

I silence the screaming thoughts inside my head and walk towards the door of my house. I look back one last time before entering through the door.
"Bye, I..." I mouth to him and stop before saying the rest and walk inside the door.

Fuck this.