Chapter 33

Okay.

I need to do this.

I walk into the school gate taking a deep breath for all the coloured faces i am about to face. All the faces i trusted.

Mr. Franklin steps down in the hallway at the same time I make a turn to reach my class and we both come to stand face to face.

"Hey Anna, long time, you haven't been to my classes, are you doing well?" he asks in a half normal half mocky tone. Ofc.
"Yeah" i smile and nod at the same time hoping to avoid the drama right now.

Thanks to his instincts that he finally understands my uncomfortable shift involving the not-so-interesting conversation he was trying to have with me.

I walk up the staircase with the intrusive thoughts and the nervousness crawling in at a rate my mind can't process in a normal way. I reach the doors of the classroom and stand by the door staring at the scene in front of me.

WOW.

I watch Alex lean towards and push the loose strands of hair away from her face while she pats at his shoulder playfully both living their moment and laughing their heart out. She looks up at him while Alex kisses on her forehead and plays with her hair.

I didn't cry. I just stared at the scenario in front of me. They are literally least cared whether I am present or not.....or maybe i am the last person they would even think to care about.....

I take a deep breath and walk into the class. The door creaks and a few look back to find me standing at the door. Amongst them, Noah approaches me.

"Hey! where have you been?The most studious girl hasn't been joining the classes since last week" he laughs playfully mocking me to which I roll my eyes and laugh back.
They haven't yet noticed me. I stand there waiting for them to look back while I join in the conversation happening in front of me between Noah, Suzy, Peter and Stephie.

I try my best to indulge myself in their conversation but I am feeling something which is upside down of what I am having on my face. Amidst everything i suddenly start praying for Ross to come up to stand behind me. I don't even have my phone to contact him. I so wish if he was here....with me....to hold me.....i don't want to face them alone....i can't....i need him.

"Anna?" Ross steps behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

Relief flashes through me and for the first ever time I feel so happy seeing him. He came in at the right moment. He doesn't know that.

Ross steps beside me and something hits me when I suddenly feel the desperate urge to hold his hands and walk in front of them not even caring to look at them let alone talk. Instead of suppressing my urge, i wrap my fingers around his. He looks at me taken aback by the sudden gesture from me. I smile at him and he understands the motive. How does he always read what's in my mind?.

We walk towards the last row where they are sitting. Ross suddenly puts his hand on my shoulder as we reach their bench and plants a soft kiss on my cheek. Okay.

That's when finally Riri notices us and she jerks away from him as if she has seen a ghost. Whoa. That actually worked. Alex looks at me blank. Scared. Disappointment and anger and fear flushes on his facial expression perfectly. He wants to hit us , shout , sincrete, let his frustration out but he can't. He knows his mistake.

"Ross?" I say smirking at Alex.
"Yes, babe?" he is playing smart.
"Can you hold the bag for me please?" I intentionally play the softie role which pushes Alex on the edge.

Ross takes in my bag and walks past him pulling me along and not letting go of my hands. Alex hits the bench when we settle at the last bench together and Ross plants another kiss on my cheek.

Cool. This is the start of my part of the story you were trying to write, Alex. Now it's my turn.

I look at him one last time before turning towards the window.