47

This is the last chapter before the epilogue

wow has it been a journey

enjoy!

Kasia

"Remembering Lotus Romney. A life of challenges and a spirit of resilience. In her short years, she faced shadows and light. A daughter of strength, a mother's love defined her. Her journey took her through winding paths. Yet her daughter's laughter brought her joy. In the end, her story was a tragic one. May we see beyond her past to the soul within. Taken too soon, but her daughter's legacy lives on. Born: 1992 - Departed: 2012"

"My father said his mother wrote this epitaph. That she was the only one who really cared about my mother." I whispered to Silver, sitting next to the gravestone that was in the mausoleum they built for her out of respect.

He sat beside me, quiet, and hugged me and I broke down in his arms. "I never got to meet her," I cried.

"I know," he said softly, hugging me tightly.

"She died protecting me and I don't even remember her." I hiccuped, wiping my tears. "I can't remember her," I whispered.

Silver cupped my face. "Now you can have her." he touched my heart.

I laughed and Silver also began to laugh. "Stop it," I sniffled. "I'm supposed to be sad."

Silver kissed my cheek. "You're supposed to be happy, amore mio." (My love)

??? POV:

Lotus Romney's life was woven with threads of hardship and unexpected turns. In the tumultuous years before her daughter Kasia's birth, she faced challenges that would shape her destiny in unforeseen ways.

Lotus was a young woman navigating life's rough waters with resilience. Her beauty was undeniable, but it was her inner strength that truly defined her. Born into difficult circumstances, she found herself drawn into a life she didn't choose, becoming a prostitute as a means of survival. Despite the struggles she faced, Lotus carried herself with a quiet confidence that belied the storms raging within.

It was during these trying times that she crossed paths with a man named Kenneth, whose mother had plans for him to marry and carry on their family legacy. Kenneth's mother, who met her first, was eager for grandchildren, and took an interest in Lotus when she helped carry groceries to their home. Seeing beyond the surface, she decided to give Lotus a chance to change her life.

But, Kenneth's mother's intentions were far from altruistic. Driven by the desire for grandchildren and a legacy to carry on, she orchestrated a meeting between Kenneth and Lotus–Despite Kenneth already being married and in love.

Lotus, ever composed, agreed to the arrangement, though the weight of the situation was not lost on her. She found herself in a complex web of emotions, facing a choice between her own well-being and the potential for her child's future–but, she had liked Kenneth, oblivious to his marriage, she thought she could fall in love with him someday.

As fate would have it, Lotus did become pregnant, but the circumstances grew even more complicated. She discovered that Kenneth was already married, and Lotus knew that her child wouldn't be accepted by him or his family. Faced with the impending arrival of her daughter, Lotus made the heart-wrenching decision to keep her pregnancy a secret. She carried her growing belly and her dreams for a brighter future quietly within her, even as danger lurked around every corner.