10

Hiii. Early upload today because I'm excited for the wattys, and today has been an unproductive day anyways.

enjoy

read up to chapter 32 on Patreon, and ngl I cried while writing chapter 31 cus it was so heartbreaking. I was like, why am I writing human suffering like this?

Anyways here's the link:  patreon.com/KalistaBemah16

Silver

It's been four weeks since I lashed out at Kasia and two weeks since I saw her with that bitch-boy. I've been drowning myself in working because I'm still processing this annoying pain of guilt and rejection.

I have never liked someone like this, and it's fucking annoying.

I sighed, groaning in annoyance when Othello opened my door so harshly that it dented my walls. "My daughter is asleep," I said.

"What happened between you and Kasia?"

My jaw clenched. "I don't know what she thinks she's doing–playing with my feelings–acting oblivious. I don't care about her anymore." I lied through my teeth. I was butt-hurt because I had been rejected, and it was all because of Natalie.

Natalia.

No, because of you.

Whatever.

Othello pursed his lips. "Do you think I'm stupid?"

I looked back down at my work. "You don't want me to answer that."

"Bitch ass–Look, Kasia already told me what happened–before and after the date," Othello said. "You need to stay away from that woman, she is already hurt enough as it is, and you're just going to break down everything she's ever built up again."

"What the fuck are you even talking about?" Othello opened his mouth to answer, but I cut him off. "Is she the only person in the world who's been hurt?"

Othello glared at me. "Abbiamo passato tutti la stessa cosa e tu sei l'unico a lamentarsi." (We all went through the same thing, and you're the only one bitching.)

My jaw clenched. "Fuck off,"

"No, I didn't mean that," Othello facepalmed as I rolled my eyes. "What I meant is that you and Kasia are both people who've been hurt. The difference is that Kasia makes sure that she doesn't spread her pain. You do. She's not going to fall for you just for you to disrespect her and make her feel worthless."

"I don't think she's worthless," I said, my annoyance flaring.

"Are you treating her that way? Better yet, are you telling her that?"

I shook my head, baffled by that idea. "She should already know. I am trying to go on dates with her."

"To have sex!" Othello exclaims.

"Amongst other things," I replied quickly. "It's not the only thing I want, or I would have found something else."

Othello shrugged. "It's too late anyway; she's dating a guy she likes," he chuckled. "You really fumbled, you know? She's so good with your daughter too."

"Give me his name."

Othello scoffed. "No, bitch, you're not killing Kasia's chance of being happy."

"I wanted that chance," I grumbled to myself.