Chapter 32: Into the Storm

Start from the beginning

Just as Nosgorath was about to finish his power up, he looked up to see one of the flying iron insects approach. And with no mercy from Tommaso, the gunner fired everything he could. Machine gun fire, missiles, it tore into Nosgorath as his body was being turned into a mess of holes and gore. Nosgorath fell to the ground and even so Tommaso didn't stop. Splatters of blood were being mixed into little dust clouds of dirt and snow as the Demon Lord was torn to shreds.

Dante watched this. This was enough, surely! The Demon Lord below was just bits and pieces at that point. So with that Dante called out, "Tommaso he's down!"

And yet Tommaso kept on shooting, a look of bloodthirsty vengeance on his face. Even some of the mindless demons couldn't believe what they were seeing. "Tommaso, stop!" And still he kept going. "TOMMASO!!"

At that point Tommaso stopped as the gunner panted a bit. He looked down to the shred up Demon Lord on the ground as there was nothing left than his visors. Tommaso shakily lets go of the controls while Dante behind him spoke. "Dude... you good?"

The demons looked back and saw that their lord was dead. And in fear, they started to retreat back to Grameus. Even the Topans and Italians behind couldn't believe what just happened. Moah, especially. "Oh my gods... The Demon Lord is dead!"

But just as they were gonna celebrate, the visors started to float. Dante quickly retreated the helicopter back away from the floating eyewear as everyone could suddenly hear voices in their heads.

'You may proclaim your victory, mere mortals... But no matter who you may fight along, whether it is with the War God Emissaries or every Elysian on the world, the return of the Ravernal Empire is inevitable. And to the War God Emissaries... you ought to watch your back.'

And quickly as it floated, the visors crumbled into the wind. And what was supposed to be a moment of celebration turned into tense uneasiness.

...

As the helicopters headed back into Tormeus, Dante looked forward to Tommaso who sat quiet in his seat. With a steady hand, he managed to land safely in their little base as once the rotors stopped, Tommaso was already on his way out. Dante furrowed his eyebrows as he quickly unbuckled and got out as well before he spoke, "Tommaso, man! What was that back there?"

"The guy's dead isn't he? I just did what we should do." Tommaso said simply as he hopped off while Dante followed.

"No dude I mean that look you had on your face. You looked... pretty vengeful!" Dante said as he watched Tommaso start to walk away. "Tommaso talk to me man! You can't just keep ignoring me!"

And yet Tommaso just kept walking as he wanted to forget what happened as well. Timutheus controlled him and he knew it.

"Tommaso..."

Still he was ignored.

"Tommaso!"

'Just go away,' Tommaso thought.

"TIMUTHEUS!"

Tommaso froze in his tracks. His blue eyes were now filled with dread, suspicion, and then anger as he looked back at Dante. "You... how do you know him? Did you read my journal? I told you to keep your hands off it!"

"No, Tommaso, I..." Dante then took a deep breath. With that he rummaged in his pocket as he pulled out something. It was a ring. You could have sworn it was new. But the moment Tommaso laid his eyes on it, he realised what it was.

...

"Timutheus. You're the only other person I trust to keep this safe. And I've been getting reckless... I need you to hold this for me. It's my mother's ring."