70} Concocted Plans and Camper Vans

Start from the beginning

"I don't think you want to go in his lair, Nancy," Jenna stood up next to Steve, "As someone who's been there before and quite literally fought him there, you guys would get killed. When he was in your mind earlier, the only reason you made it out of there is because he wanted you to make it out alive. If he wanted you dead, you would be by now, trust me. He's not scared of you."

"And for good reason," Robin added to the convo, "We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. Other One. Sorry, what are we calling him now?" Everyone replied with a different answer. "Right. We've learned something new about Vecna/Henry/Other One. He's a number like Jenna and Eleven, only a sick, evil, male, child-murdering version of them with really bad skin. But, my- my point is, he's super powerful. He could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight."

"So, then why fight fair?" Dustin smirked, "You're right. He's like Eleven and Jenna but that gives us an upper hand. We know their strengths, specifically Eleven's, and her weaknesses."
"Weaknesses?" Erica asked.
"When El remote-travels, she goes into this sort of trance-like state. I bet the same is true of Vecna,"
"He does but he doesn't," Jenna answered, "He's like a combo of me and Eleven. He mainly travels through minds in a dream-like state, but does somewhat go into a trance-like state. But, if the hive mind is messed with, he knows."
"Thanks for the confirmation," Dustin gave her a smile.

"That would explain what he was doing in the attic," Lucas realized.
"Exactly right," Jenna gave him a thumbs up.
"When he attacks his next victim," Dustin continued, "I'll bet you he's back in that attic, physical body defenseless."
"He normally is when he's doing his thing," Jenna added, "He rarely leaves that house."
"How would he be defenseless?" Steve asked, "What about the army of bats?"
"True, we'll have to find a way past them. Distract them somehow," Dustin said.

"And, uh, how do we do that?" Eddie wasn't buying into any of this.
"I have no idea," Dustin told him, "But once they're gone, he doesn't stand a chance. It'll be like slaying Dracula in his coffin."
"That all sounds good in theory, but there is no pattern to Vecna's killings, I mean, not one that I can decipher at least," Robin pointed out, "We don't know when he's going to attack next. We don't even know who he's going to attack next."
"Yeah we do," Max piped up from the corner, "I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed. I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me."

"Max," Lucas was not letting this happen, "You can't. He'll kill you."
"I survived before. I can survive again."
"I can be there to help you, too," Jenna added, "I can fight him within the mindscape and help you."
"We'd just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into that attic," Max continued, "Then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with some explosive Dustin cooks up. I honestly don't care how you put this asshole in his grave. Just... whatever it is... whatever you do... try not to miss."

"Shit..." Eddie started to scramble around the room, "I think I have something."
"What, do you have a grenade shoved up your ass?" Jenna questioned.
"No, no, no. Oh! Here it is. Check this out," He sprawled open the phone book to show them an advertisement, "The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically."
"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin poked fun at the ad, "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"
"Well, lucky for us it is, so..." Eddie was really trying to show that he could actually contribute, "This- this place if just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone," Erica pointed out.
"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons," Nancy's tone was dead serious, "So I think it's worth the risk."
"Me too," Lucas agreed.
"But is it worth the time?" Dustin asked, "It'll take all day to bike there and back."
"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie winked.
"What, you got some car we don't know about?" Steve questioned.
"It's not exactly a car, Steve," Eddie got right up in his face.
"Nope," Jenna threw her hands in the air, "I know what you're planning on doing and I don't want the first thing on my criminal record to be grand theft auto, thank you very much."
Eddie smiled and flipped her off, "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"
Realization came to Max's face and she ran to grab her old Micheal Myers's mask. Eddie threw it on and the operation began. Eddie led the way with his mask on and a bag in hand, guiding them through the trailer park. They approached a camper van that, mind you, was someone's home. He opened the tiny window in the back and hopped through, everyone following behind.