Are you that stupid?

Akio sat across the man in the white coat, slurping up the instant ramen

Akio sat across the man in the white coat, slurping up the instant ramen. He watched her closely, it been a while sense he saw her. He could tell she got more muscular and loss some weight, her hair was darker and so way her eyes.

"Ayy, what's with the staring?" Akio says looking up from her cup of noodles.
"You've changed, I'm just taking it in."
"There's not that much to take in it's only been a year."
"Yes but now your becoming no longer that little girl I found wondering the street."

She let out a "ha" before going back to her food, finishing it off. After throwing away her rubbish she grabbed her jacket getting ready to leave.
"You coming?" She gestures to the man still sitting down, he nodded and gets up following her.

She locks up the door and they start to make their way back to hers.
"Question?"
"Ask away?"
"Do your really need that cane or do you just have it for show?"
"Hehe now why would I tell you that, I may care for you but I'm not dumb enough to tell you a potential weakness."

She laughs at his response and saying that's fair as they continue to walk. The air was chill but still a bit nippy, she pulled her jacket closer to her body trying to keep a little warmth.

He notices this and places his long white trench coat over her shoulders.
"Here lovely lady" she give him a soft smile in return.
They soon reached her apartment standing in front of her door, she gave back his coat and started to open the door.

She paused and turned back to the man,
"Hey umm don't tell anyone you saw me okay, I kinda have a couple people on back right now"
"Yes I know he's back, if you need help you know where to find me."
He started to walk way before being called back,
"Hey....thank you rocky, really thank you" he gave a comforting smile and made his way back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sky was clear with small clouds scattered across it. Akio sat on the couch behind Kiyoshi who looked out over the court yard, holding Yasushis gold chain. Even though everything was fine with him, his older brother couldn't help but still worry about him.

"Hey you okay?" Akio asks as she placed her hand on his shoulder offering some form of comfort.
"Yeah yeah he's uhh he's fine just still in a little pain. He's been asking about you though."

Akio lifted her eyebrow in interest,
"Oh really? And what has he been asking?"
"When you gonna visit him next, when your gonna check on him...when his gonna get your number?"
"Sorry what was that?"
"Nothing hehe"

Akio shook her head ignoring him, they stood in silence for a few more moments before Fujio and Tsukasa appeared.
"Why you two mopping?"
"How is Yasushi?"

"What? Does everybody already know?"
"How is he?"
"He got a couple stitches and some pain medication." Akio chimed in,
"But..."
"But?"

Akio and Kiyoshi shared a look before she let out a sigh,
"The guys that did this to us where all bald."
"And wearing uniforms that weren't from around here."

Soon the the younger years come over brining some letter written by a gang called Housen. They challenged Oay to a fight and not many where pleased with that. After some words everyone decided to go through with it, Akio looked at them as if they where insane.
"Are you that stupid?"

Everyone went silent and looked towards the short girl,
"Wha?"
"You've got to be kidding me, these guys are ruthless they hold no morals"
"Akio this will be a way to avenge Yasushi, to show them not to mess with us."
"Oh really, well I got an idea that their not that scared" she sarcastically remarked.

She walked away and out of school, stopping at the gates trying to figure out where to go now.
~"Asking when your gonna visit him next"~
And with that she makes her way to Yasushis place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about 15 minutes she ends up at his door step, she knew he wouldn't be able to leave his bed so she used the key that was hidden under the plant pot.

She unlocked the door and walked in, knocking to make sure he knew it was her.
"Who is it?"
"It's me!" She yelled back walking into the home,
"Back here!" He called out from his bed room.

She walked down the tiny hallway towards the some what clean bed room. She gave a small smile and wave before walking in,
"Hey how are you feeling?"
"Shit, but bearable. What you doing here? NOT THAT I DONT WANT YOU HERE OR ANYTHING!"
"Hehe I came to check on you dummy."
"Ahh okay okay"

After a few more minutes of conversation Akio noticed the time was around luch,
"Hey have you eaten lunch yet?"
"No, can't really leave my bed with out getting a headache."

She nodded and stood up to leave,
"Where you going?" Yasushi asks.
"I'm gonna make you something to eat." Akio replied with a tight smile, he nodded letting her get back to what she was doing.

After looking around the kitchen she found a sharing bowl of instant ramen. Once ready she brings it in with 2 glasses of water and a pair of chopsticks.
"Here you go sir."
"Why thank you miss." A happy smile appeared on his face, this gave Akio a fuzzy feeling in her tummy but she ignored it.

She cracked open the bottle of water and handed him his meds to take. After their taken she opens the ramen letting the steam hit their faces. As Yasushi was pretty useless Akio had to help feed him, and occasionally took some bites for herself as well. After a few minutes she noticed some sauce on his chin, without thinking she softly removed it with her thumb.

Yasushi's heart skipped a beat once felt her skin on his, his face went red and his eyes stayed on hers. Akio noticed what she was doing and froze, her hand still on his face. Neither of them moved, but the gravity started to pull Akio's hand down slowly and was now resting on his chest that felt like it might explode.

"I-I'm so sorry I didn't realise.."
"No no it's okay you where only trying to help..." they shared a couple more moments but soon broke apart .

Soon they finished their lunch and where just laying on bed, well Yasushi was laying down while Akio sat next to him. The tv played in the back ground as they held small talk for the past half hour.

"Hey can I ask you something?"
"Of course, what's up?"

Yasushi took a moment before saying,
"Why do you care so much about me, you've hated me sense we where kids. I even asked you out when we where 13 and you laughed in my face and said no."

Akio looked at him in confusion not rlly knowing how to react, she slightly remembers them as kids but not as much.
"Well for one I like you now. And I was a kid, I didn't know any better." Akio tried to defend.

"Oh really? Okay then let me take you out on a date?"
"What?" Akio stared in disbelief, did he really just ask her out? Was Kiyoshi right?
"So what do you say Akiosan?"
"Ummmm....what hell, sure."