Don't be a dummy

The beeping sound of the machines filled the half empty room

The beeping sound of the machines filled the half empty room. Yasushi laid in the hospital bed wires attached to his chest, his heartbeat steady and clam.
Akio held his hand bouncing her leg up and down waiting for him to wake up.

A bandage covered and wrapped around his head, blood slightly coming through the dressing. The doctors said he was given a concussion bad enough to knock him out, thankfully not bad enough to cause permanent damage. They claim that he'll have a headache and will probably have a bit of a wobbly balance for a few days.

Akio couldn't help but worry about every sound that was made, every breath that was taken. She just wanted him to open his eyes, just once. The nurse said that he should walk up after a couple days but she wanted him awake now.

"Hey Akio, have you eaten?" She heard Kiyoshi ask from the doorway.

"What, oh yes I have"
"When?"
"11:00am"

"Kitten....it's 4pm, you should eat something." He said squatting next to her, she shook her head refusing to get up. He took a sigh before standing back up and placing a hand on her shoulder trying to give some form of comfort.

"Please Akio....for Yasushi, if he found out you didn't eat because of him, he'd loose his mind" Trying to persuade her to leave the room. She took a deep breathe before getting up to go to the cafeteria.

Her skin was pale and her face showed deep eye bags from not sleeping for the past couple days. She didn't think she could feel such worry for someone, especially someone she isn't that close to. With a sigh she got in line, grabbing whatever she could, the feeling of hunger finally settling into her subconsciousness.

She sat down at a table of four by herself, taking big mouthfuls each time so that she can quickly get back to the room. Before she finishes her meal, a familiar male sits in front of her. He simply sat in her view as she continued to eat, but soon started to slow down.

"What you doing here?" She asked putting her chopsticks down by her almost empty plate.
"Fujio called Todoroki about what happened who called me."
She nodded before taking a sip of the tea that was placed next to her tray.
"Are you okay?"
"Mhmm."
"That doesn't sound that convincing. You sure your okay Akio?"

She froze, how did he know her name? Why would he call her by her name? She looked up at him slowly, raising an eyebrow from her once stoned face. Before she could say anything he stopped her.

"Fujio told me your actually name. And I find it funny that, that's your name."
"And why's that?" She lent back arms crossed staring back at him.
"Cause it's a boys name that means Bright and clear, something you give to a little bundle of joy who had a bright future ahead of him."
She clenched her teeth as her blood stared to boil. She simply kept quite and let him finish digging his hole in which she'd burry him in.

"So this means that your family wasn't ready for a girl, but didn't have another name in mind so they stuck with it. It also means when you found out about that it made you feel not wanted by said family which lead to you hanging around gangs, but you soon realised their no better."

"Okay what's your point?" Hands gripping her arms, knuckles turning white.

"You want to be wanted Akio. Couldn't get that with a family so you pushed them away, didn't get it from a gang so won't go near them now. But one thing you don't realise is that you leave a very impressionable mark in the people you meet. Especially with that little restaurant boy"

She shot her head up and lead over the table grabbing the man by the jacket.
"How do you know who that is?"
"I saw you talking after you finished work, the brothers wanted to know if you wanted to hang out, but there you where with him."
Akio couldn't believe what she was hearing, she let got and sat back down. He simply lent forwarded, resting his arms in the table as he watched her.

"Why are you telling me all of this?"
"Because I want you to know that even if you don't believe me you have people that want you...Akio"

"Okay so what does that mean then?"
"That means that we want you to join our gangs, you will be apart of all of them. Will help you become stronger, faster, but also calm and contained"

She nodded taking in everything, and he was right she didn't want to believe him. But he seem genuine despite her not knowing him that long, she could feel a form of compassion coming from him.
"I'll think about it" he nodded and took her chopsticks from the plate and took a quick peace of her "okay" meat before she could stop him it was already in his mouth.
She sighed before getting up to go back to the room that Yasushi.

"You coming?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with that they head down the long hallways all the way to the other side of the hospital to the rooms. Once there they stood in front of the door, seeing Yasushi on the bed talking to his brother made Akio smile a little.

"You okay?" She nodded before opening the door slowly trying not to make that much noise.
"Akio?"
"Hey"
She sat down on the bed next to him, careful not to touch any of the wires attached to him.

"How are you feeling?"
"I'm okay, just have a bad headache" she smiled in reassurance and gentle held his hand.
"Good just don't do anything to strain yourself okay?"
"Can't promise anything kitten"
"Hey don't be a dummy"

"Well good to see your okay" Yasushi looked up to see Murayama standing behind Akio smirking down at him.

"Murayama what you doing here?" Reaching his hand out to give him a bro hug.
"Had to make sure you lived man, your followers where getting antsy about you"

"Thx for taking care of that for us" replayed Kiyoshi, doing a bro hug as well.
"Ah no problem"

Once everyone had their quick chat, Murayama brings up what happened a couple days ago. Wanting to find out who did this.

"We don't know who did this all I can remember is that they wore white outfits and had shaved heads"

Murayama took out his phone and quickly called Todoroki, he answered soon after asking why he was being woken up so early.

"Do you know of any gang that wears white?"
"Umm yeah the white rascals, but if they did anything it was to hurt Yasushi for doing something Akio but they hold her back or anything they make sure she was okay. Do you know anymore?" He asked yawning loudly into the phone.

"YES! They had shaved heads"

"Oh god....that's Housen...we're so fucked"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember commenting is very much welcomed.
For this story who would like Akio to be seen with.
Comment:
1) Todoroki
2) Yasushi
3) Fujio