Chapter 45

"Hold still," Draco ordered.

"You've got your hand down my trousers and you want me to hold still," Harry muttered.

Draco paused for a moment. "Touché," he drawled.

"Fuck, Draco," Harry exclaimed in exasperation. "I'm just going to have to un-tuck the bloody shirt again when I get to Hogwarts anyway."

"You can't wear a button-down and not tuck it in," Draco said in a far too reasonable tone for Harry's tastes. "And you have to wear a button-down because of your shoulder."

Heaving an impatient sigh, Harry gave up and stood still. "Are you going to dress me in the hospital wing as well?" he asked sarcastically.

"If I need to," Draco said. He glanced up at Harry through his lashes. "You should know by now that you're not going to win when it comes to clothing."

Harry stuck his tongue out at him petulantly. Smiling, Draco shook his head and went back to tucking Harry's shirt in and refastening his trousers.

"There," Draco said in satisfaction.

Harry rolled his eyes. Draco's fascination with clothes irritated him at times, but he had to admit that it felt damned good when Draco's eyes were roaming over him the way that they were at the moment.

"Why did I work so hard to get you into those clothes?" Draco asked.

Harry grinned, suddenly deciding it had been worth it. "Because you love me," he said smugly, sauntering to the door and knowing Draco's eyes were following him.

"Yeah, that's it," Draco drawled. "It has nothing to do with those trousers hugging your arse."

Harry laughed, his suspicions confirmed. He felt nervousness creep in, though, as they approached the entry way where Remus and Severus were waiting, with Invisibility Cloaks in hand. Why couldn't anything ever be simple?

With Draco and Severus hidden under the cloaks, the group of four made their way to Hogwarts.

* * * * *

"Mr. Potter, what are you doing here?" Pomfrey exclaimed when he entered the hospital wing. Remus had gone ahead to talk with McGonagall, with Severus. Draco was with him, although still hidden by the cloak.

"I hurt my shoulder," he admitted. He informed her what had been done for it the day before, and how it hadn't seemed to do a bit of good. She ran her scans and finally tsked at him reprovingly.

"You should've come to me first thing, Harry," she said. "This is going to be quite painful to repair."

Harry grimaced. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"You've dislocated your shoulder, but not in the manner usually thought of for that condition," she said. "Generally when a person dislocates their shoulder, they pull the arm free of the socket. You, on the other hand, have jammed the bone into the socket. It will be quite painful to pull it back into alignment. Then, the potions and salve will work for healing."

"Lovely," Harry muttered sarcastically.

"I am going to have to place you in a body bind," Pomfrey warned.

"What?!"

"I can not risk you moving while I bring the bones back into alignment," she said briskly. She bustled over to a supply cupboard and gathered up several items.

"Here, drink this," she ordered when she returned to his bedside.

"What is it?" Harry asked warily.

"A strong pain reliever," she said. She held a vial aloft for a moment. "This is a topical anaesthetic. I'm going to rub it into your shoulder and it will also help ease the pain," she explained. "You'll still feel it, but it will not be nearly as extreme."