Chapter 37

The day after Theo has told Liam three words that can change anyone's life, he's doesn't seem to be happy.

He knows he loves Liam, he's happy that Liam forgave him, he's happy that him and Liam had gotten back together... But something doesn't feel right.

And Theo knows why.

He didn't say it. He didn't say it back. Three words that can change anyone's life changed his. Liam didn't say 'I love you' back and it hurts Theo.

Why didn't he say I love you back? Did Theo say it to early? Does Liam even love him back?

A knock on the door knocks Theo out of his thoughts. Theo sighs as he gets out of the bed, to open the door.

It's Liam.

"Can I come in?" He asks. Liam's looks tired and perfect at the same time.

Theo steps out of the way, opening the door more for Liam to come in. Once he's in, Theo closes the door behind him and locks it.

"Where's Brett?"

"I don't know, he's probably with Nolan." Theo responds.

Theo watched as Liam starts to mess with his hands and they come face-to-face with each other.

"My mom wants to have custody of me... I don't know why, because I'm eighteen years old and I don't have to live with her... But she keeps fighting for me to stay away from my Dads." Liam sounded hurt, tired, and many other emotions in his voice, Theo couldn't decipher. "I'm sorry I didn't say it back."

"It's fine Liam."

No, it's not fine.

"No, it's not fine, I didn't say the three words back."

And he isn't saying it back now.

"You can't even say those words Liam, so how can I know you actually feel it?"

Liam starts to stutter until he finally musters words to say. "I-I don't know."

"Leave." Theo can't stand to look at Liam anymore.

"What?"

"I'm giving you ten seconds to leave."

"Why?" Liam nearly whispers, Theo didn't know if he heard right.

"If you're not gone in ten seconds then I'm going to do something that'll make you love me."

"Theo, I don't know what love feels like. I thought I did with Hayden, but that wasn't it. I thought I loved Brett at one point, but I didn't. I'm sorry, that I don't know if I love you or not."

"Ten..." Theo starts to count down.

"Will you listen to me?" Liam begs.

"...Nine..."

"Keep counting like an idiot, I'm not going anywhere."

"...Eight..."

"Really? What are you going to do?"

"...Seven..."

"Do you want me to lie about saying those three words instead of actually meaning it?"

"...Six...Five...Four..."

"I can play games too, Theo."

"...Three..."

"Two." Liam taunts, and Theo's eyes narrow.

So he's bold now?, Theo thought.

"...One." Theo walks over to Liam, smashes his lips onto the guy he loves that doesn't love him back. Theo takes a step back from Liam taking a moment to catch his breath.