Chapter 9

"Please, if you could just give me one last chance, I promise you won't regret it." Liam begs. Liam is talking to the lacrosse coach about him doing a re-tryout. Liam really needs to be on the lacrosse team because he has nothing else to do with his life... But to also show his parents that college life is going good for him.

"I'm sorry Liam, but I don't give second chances." The coach told him with zero sorry in his voice.

"But Brett told me that he would talk to you about it." Wow, Liam sounded desperate. But he really was.

"And he did, I told him he knows the rules."

"Please, let me be on the team, during tryouts I was having an off day." Off day like staring at the guy who is mad at him, and having his nemesis being at the same school too.

"You don't think the boys on the team don't have off days? Because they do, we all do. But we still don't let it ruin our chances at becoming something. I'm sorry Dunbar, but you have to try again next year." NEXT YEAR?!?! LIAM CANT DO THAT. ISAAC IS COMING TOO SEE HIM TODAY. Liam exhales sharply and he walks away.

-

While leaving math class to go to history, Liam, Mason, and Corey are walking down the steps trying to comfort Liam after his fail to try and get on the lacrosse team.

"Isaac is going to show up at any minute now, and realize that I didn't make the team and tell my Dad, and my Dad will be disappointed in me." Liam rambles. Mason and Corey roll their eyes at the response. "What?!"

"Liam, they won't do that to you. They will support you, like they always done." Mason tells Liam. And he was right, Scott had always supported Liam. Isaac has too with the time he has been in Liam's life. But it's like Liam just wants to be in the lacrosse team so bad. He doesn't know who he is without it.

"Corey, back me up." Liam begs.

"No, because Mason is right. There are many other sports than lacrosse, and you have something good. You have two best friends, one girlfriend that likes girls, and you are going to your favorite class right now."

"I do like history. Maybe you're right. Both of you."

"We know." Mason chuckles.

Brett walks up to the three friends. Brett is wearing the schools jersey, with shorts looking like he just left practice. "Hey, Liam, coach told me he rejected you. I'm sorry."

"Sure you are. I bet you didn't even talk to him."

"Liam, we may hate each other but I can still help you. For Mason and Corey's sake."

Bruh. That hurt. But should Liam talk about what happened in the locker room with him? Or act like it didn't happen? So much is going on in Liam's life, and he doesn't know what to do.

Hayden walk towards them with a sad facial expression on her face.

"It's just like old times. Us five hanging out again." Mason said.

"Do not remind me of old times. It's when Liam and Brett had beef, and it never stopped." Corey made fake crying noises.

"Alright, let's get you in the shower. As much as I love seeing you in your lacrosse uniform, and it's definitely a turn on. But you stink. Let's go." Mason grabs Corey's hand, and they say their goodbyes to everyone and they walk away.

"Hayden, you okay?" Liam asks her.

"Can we talk?" She asks. NO. NO. As of today couldn't get any worse. She is going to break up with Liam. First Isaac is coming, second no lacrosse, and now he is going to lose his girlfriend, not that he had already lost her. Liam hated his life right now.