Chapter 20

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISE!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN PACE. SCHOOL SHOOTING COMING!!!! IF YOU NEED ANYONE TO TALK TO, IM HERE.

Liam is in his dorm room, folding his clothes, putting them in his suit case.

"You can't leave! Scott won't make you." Mason begs.

"I have no other choice but too, Mr.Stewart is officially done with the drama between me and Theo, and my Dad thinks that I should come home for a while. You and Corey can still come visit me."

"Yeah, yeah I know. It's just not the same."

"I know. But me staying home a couple of days can give you a chance to focus on school and not about me."

"Liam, you are my best friend. I will always worry about you. Scott will send you away for you to control your anger, or he'll lose the fight with your mom, and you'll go live with her and I won't never see you again."

"Mase, calm down. My Dad will never do that. I'll be back here before you know it. It'll go by fast like my suspension."

"It better."

"Dude, I love you."

"I love you too."

-

Since Scott told Liam that he isn't coming back to the school till later in the day, Liam figured he might as well finish the classes he have left to pass the time.

When he gets out of class, he looks at Corey getting his lacrosse uniform out of his locker. Liam approaches him.

"Hey, dude." Liam greets.

"Hey, is it true that Scott is taking you back home?"

Liam nods.

"That sucks. My first lacrosse game is coming up, and I was hoping we could practice and you could give me some pointers."

"You know I would still come, and give you some help. Just let me know."

"Of course, and I talked to coach about giving you another chance. He said yes, as long as you don't bring any drama to the team."

Did Liam just hear those words correctly, or did Corey just tell him he could actually be on the lacrosse team? Things are finally looking up for Liam right now.

"Tell him I said yes, definitely. And there will be no drama. Except for seeing Brett."

"Oh don't worry about Brett, he couldn't do Kappa and lacrosse so he gave up lacrosse to do Kappa with Nolan. Those two finally got together."

"Good, those two idiots can stay together."

Corey laughs. "Well, I have to get to the field, I'll see you later?"

"Yeah."

Corey grabs his lacrosse duffel bag with his gear in it, and he walks to the lacrosse field.

-

Walking outside, Liam spots Hayden waiting at the bottom of the stairs, typing on her phone. He walk towards her.

"Hey you." He greets.

"Hey, do you know what time you are leaving, I want to get coffee. Juniors is really good and cheap. Like Dunkin' Doughnuts."

"Agreed. And my Dad is coming to pick me up later on tonight, I'm just wasting time going to classes and seeing you all on my way out."

Hikari walk towards the two. "Hey, Liam. Ready Hayden?"

"Yep."

"Where are you two going?"

"Cheer practice." Hikari informs. "Hayden convinced me to tryout and I made the team. We are practicing before Corey's big game next week. Are you coming?"

"I wouldn't miss his game in the world. Plus, I know him and Mason would kill me if I missed it."

"That is true." Hayden giggles. "See you later."

"Yeah."

Hayden and Hikari leaves, walking to the field where the cheerleaders practice.

As Liam watches the two girls walk away, he feels happy that he has friends in his life to help him get through his bad moments. Nothing can stop this good feeling he has. Liam finishes walking down the steps when he realizes he has to use the bathroom, so he turns around running up the steps to use the wash room.

He walks in the wash room, with it being empty. He goes into a stall, closes the door and does his business. He walks out of the stall to go to the sink. But he stops when he sees Theo washing his hands.

When did he get here? Liam decides to pay no mind to Theo, so he puts soap on his hand from the soap dispenser that's hanging up on the wall, and he turns the water on and he washes his hands.

"Are you really going to ignore me?" Theo asks him.

Well they are in the bathroom together, so Liam might as well answer him.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you would have at least punched me or something. But you didn't. Does that mean you forgive me?"

"I - -"

Before Liam can answer there is a big bang and a girl screaming that grabs both of their attentions.

"What was that?" Theo asks.

The Big Bang comes again and that's when it clicks in Liam's head that he's in a school shooting. He run towards Theo, grabbing him by the hand and they both run into the same stall. Theo closes the door and slams the door shut, locking it. They both step inside the toilet water, not wanting to be seen or heard.

The gun shot noises keeps going and it's getting louder. Liam and Theo are silently crying. Liam gets his phone out and he texts Tierny 'I love you.' Liam looks at Theo shaking, so he grabs his hand trying to keep him calm when they hear the bathroom door open.

They immediately become still and quiet. They see someone walking with black boots, opening every stall door. The person stops at their stall and they try to open it, but it's locked.

Liam's eyes widen, as the person kicks the stall door open.

Liam makes eye contact with the gunman.

Then there is a big bang with two thuds.