Chapter 8: You're The Beat Playing In My Heart

Alex POV:

Jack was waiting for me in one of the booths of the bar. He smiled when I approached him, which made my heart do a thing. God why did he have this affect on me?

"Hey Alex," he said brightly.

I tried to smile as I sat down with him, "Hey Jack." The fight Lisa and I had really bothered me. I was kind of moping about it and I still had to ask Jack if I could stay with him.

"You alright?" he asked with a concerned look.

I nodded, "I guess."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Maybe after a few drinks," I smiled at him as I ushered our waiter over so I could buy us a round of drinks.

Jack smiled at my choice of heavy alcohol, "Trying to get me drunk, Gaskarth?"

I chuckled, "That was the plan, yeah."

Many smiles and about 3 drinks later I started to explain my story to Jack, "So I talked to Lisa."

"How'd it go?" He asked, leaning an elbow on the table.

I let out a sarcastic laugh, "How do you think? Yeah, it was horrible." I quickly explained the gist of the argument. He listened intently to everything. Sometimes commenting with a 'bitch' or 'ha'.

He made me smile, a lot. He made me feel so much better about everything. I could just pour my guts out to him and he'd listen and actually care.

"And after that I told her I needed time," I said ending my story, "I said she could stay at the house and I'd find another place to stay for right now."

"Well you need time to think and you can't do that if she's right up your ass all the time," he replied.

I nodded, "Yeah. But that brings me to where I'm going to stay. Do you think that maybe I cou-"

"Yes," he took a sip of his drink.

A smile broke out across my lips, "You don't even know what I was going to say."

"Yeah I do," Jack smirked at me, "And the answer is yes."

"Really?"

He nodded and place his hand on the one I had rested on the table, "Course. Any time."

I looked down at his hand and back up at him. God he was so perfect. His dark hair with the blond looked perfect. His chocolate brown eyes were perfect. His lips, they were perfect too. My eyes lingered on his lips and when I looked back up Jack was staring at me, making my cheeks burn red. Jack bit his lip and retracted his hand. I frowned slightly.

"JALEX IS REAL!!!" We heard someone scream from across the bar. Shit.

Two girls came running over to us. We tried to shush them. The last thing we needed was that kind of press, at least before we were ready.

I looked at them with wide eyes as they just stood there and stared at us. I looked at Jack.

"Um, hi?" Jack said to them. They looked at each other and smiled hugely.

The taller one said, "You're Jack and Alex from All Time Low right??"

"Yes," I confirmed.

"So," the other one squealed, "Is Jalex real?"

Jack looked over at me and back at the girls, "No...?"

They frowned, "What was that then?"

"Right," I muttered under my breath. What was that, Jack? I like to know that myself, I thought.

"What?"

"Nothing," I answered, "Um we're not a couple."

"But you want to be," the tall one pressed on.

"Okay look," Jack said, "If any of this got out we'd be screwed. So please please please don't tell anyone about this please."

"So it is real!" Short girl squealed as I stared at Jack.

Jack coughed and looked at me, "Um, yeah," he turned back to the girls, "Just please please don't say anything. Can you promise?"

They nodded frantically, "Yeah we won't tell. It was really nice to meet you. Can we get some pictures?"

We nodded and took pictures with the girls quickly before they scurried away screaming as they went.

"Did they look old enough to be in here to you?" Jack asked.

"No, no they didn't," I said.

He turned toward me, "You wanna go home?"

I nodded, "Yeah that's enough for me."

-

"Thanks for letting me stay with you," I said as we approached his door after the cab ride. Jack lived in an apartment complex.

"Yeah it's no problem," he put the key in the lock and soon had the door open. Walking inside, I let out a sigh. I was glad that I didn't have to go back home.

"So, uh, you can have the bed," Jack said going his room to grab a pillow and blanket.

"No, no," I said following him, "You can have it. I'll be fine with the couch." I tried taking the pillow from him but he held it firmly in his grasp.

"Damn it Alex, just sleep on the bed."

I looked down, "Thank you."

"And stop thanking me," he smiled, "It's fine."

I waited for a moment but he didn't go, he kinda bit his lip and switched back and forth on his feet.

"Alex-"

"Oh shut up," I muttered, stepping forward and crashing my lips into his.