Chapter 10: Thorns In A Cheap Bouquet

Alex POV:

After I left Jack's apartment I didn't go right over to the house. I just drove around for nearly two hours to prep myself and figure out what the hell I was going to say. Eventually I knew I couldn't put it off anymore. I cautiously walked up the stairs to the house. I'd told Lisa that I'd be coming over. She was really prepared because as soon as I was about to reach the door she'd already swung it open and was apologizing.

"Alex I just wanna say again that I'm so sor-"

I cut her off by holding up a hand, "Can we at least go inside first? I don't really want the neighbours listening." I looked over at a very nice but very nosy old couple next door and waved. They smiled back and waved like they hadn't been listening to our conversation.

She nodded, "Yeah come in." She walked with me to the living room where we both took a seat awkwardly. She crossed her legs and chewed on her lip, "Can I just say some things before you start?"

"Yes. Go ahead."

"I wanted to say that I love you, Alex. I love you so much. And I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I wish so badly that I could take it back but I can't. I will do anything and everything to make it up to you. Just please, please, don't say it's over."

I was silent. I couldn't find the words. This made me so sad. I loved her at one point. I really did and it hurts to hurt her now, even though I don't feel that way towards her anymore.

She looked at me expectantly, "So?"

I snapped out of my trance and looked down at my hands that were in my lap, "Well, I've, uh, been thinking... and... well, I don't think we should be together anymore. I'm so sorry Lisa but it just doesn't feel right anymore. We can still be friends but I just don't think it's going to work out romantically."

She looked up at me with fire in her eyes, "Are you, fucking, kidding me? I've done everything Alex! I've done everything to make it up to you! Why?"

"I just don't feel it anymore," I muttered, feeling like total shit.

"Is there someone else?" Lisa asked, tears spilling over, causing her makeup to run down her cheeks, "The girl you slept with? Is it her?"

"N-No, it's not her," I stuttered.

"So there is someone then..." she managed to say, defeat clear in her voice.

"Y-Yeah," I said and just then my phone vibrated. I pulled it out and there was a new message, from Jack.

You alright babe?

I quickly responded, Yeah.. she's just not taking it well. I gotta go. Love you.

Right after I pressed the send button my phone was ripped out of my hand by a very emotional Lisa.

"Is this her?!" She screeched then froze. Her face twisted in confusion. I stood up and pulled my phone back out of her hand. She let me have it easily, dropping back down to the couch.

"J-Jack is calling you babe. Why is J-Jack calling you babe Alex?" She asked in horror. Then I remembered, I met her after I'd had my previous boyfriends. She didn't know I was bi.

"I... I... because..."

"Did you cheat on me with Jack Barakat? You're gay? Did you even love me at all?"

"I-I'm bi. I like guys and girls," I managed to say, "And I loved you before-"

"BEFORE YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH JACK BARAKAT!!!" She yelled frantically, "Dear god. How could you love him? He's just another asshole Alex!"