Chapter 12: Just A No Good Two-Bit Filthy Rotten Criminal

Jack's POV:

"Don't leave meee!!" I whined as Alex tried to leave, "Pay it later!"

"You said that yesterday. I have to go pay it before they close and I forget again," Alex smiled his beautiful smile, "But don't you worry I'll be back for sure."

I couldn't contain my returning smile even if I wanted to, "You better." I told Alex his goodbyes and he soon left to go pay his ticket. I sat down on the couch. Alone again. What to do, what to do... ;)

I pulled out my phone right as someone knocked on the door. Goddamn it I never had a moment alone. I stood up and awkwardly walked over to the door, hoping it was just Alex. Maybe he'd forgotten something.

I opened the door and it wasn't Alex. It was about as far from Alex as you could get. Lisa was standing at my front door.

My first impulse was to tell her to fuck off and slam the door in her face, and that's what I did. She beat on the door again, "Jack please let me in... I just want to talk to Alex."

"He's not here and I'm about 112% sure he doesn't want to talk to you," I said through the closed door.

"I need to talk to him about the house and stuff. I'm not gonna do anything," she said sadly.

I could relate to her pain. She'd lost Alex. I don't know what I would do if I lost him. I sighed and opened the door a crack, "He's not here right now."

"Where is he?"

"He's paying off some traffic tickets. He should be back soon," I said.

"Oh... I can come back later..." she turned and started walking down the hall, head down.

I groaned, "Uguhguhghgh you can wait here if you want." Damn my good nature.

She turned around, "Oh I wouldn't want to intrude..."

"Just get your ass in here," I said opening the door all the way and walking into the kitchen, "You want some water?" I called as she shut the door.

"Um okay," Lisa muttered standing around awkwardly.

This is definitely not the way I planned on spending my night. I grabbed a both of us a drink and brought them in the living room, I gave her a glass of water. Sitting on the couch I began to sip from my glass, "You can sit."

She looked down and walked over to the couch. Her foot got caught on the side table and she tripped over, spilling her water all over me and the couch. "Shit!" I said. Ice cold water was all over my shirt and the couch.

Out of impulse I pulled off my shirt and began to soak up the mess.

"Shit, Jack, I'm so sorry. Here, I can clean it up. Let me get it," she said frantically.

"Stop. Just sit down," I said as I continued to clean the mess.

She quietly sat down on the dry part of the couch, "I'm really sorry Jack. I can't believe..."

"It's alri-" I started to say but was cut off.

"Look I'm really sorry about everything. I really hope there are no hard feelings between us or me and Alex..." Her words faded off as she looked at me. I'd forgotten that I'd removed my shirt. She stared at my chest, right where my tattoo was. I was afraid she was getting the wrong idea.

"I'm sure Alex will be fine once it's over," I muttered looking away.

"Will you?" She asked connecting her eyes with mine again. What is her deal?

"I'll be alright as long as Alex is..."

She scooted closer to me, "You know Jack, I can see why Alex likes you..." she touched the Jack Skellington tattoo on my chest, making me flinch. She didn't pay attention and went on, "You've always had something about you..."

"I-" was cut off by her forcing her lips onto mine. She ran her hands through my hair wildly, making it look really disheveled. I freaked out and put my hands on her shoulders so I could push her away right as the door flung open.

Alex.

"Jack! I'm ba-" Lisa whipped around to see Alex. He was staring mouth agape at the tangled mess that we were. SHIT.

"A-Alex," I began.

He turned around and quickly ran down the hall.

I pushed Lisa off me roughly, "GET OUT!"

She leaned back smirking, "You sure you don't want to finish this Jack?"

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" I yelled pulling the shirt back over my head.

She laughed and made her way out the door slowly, "See you later."

"If I never see you again it'll be too soon, Lisa! GO!" I screamed one last time as she shut the door, "FUCKKKKK!"

I picked up my phone and tried calling Alex, to no avail. He didn't pick up. Damn it. I sent him a billion texts,

Alex please come back

It's not what you think

Please just let me explain

I love you so much

I would never do that to you, None of the messages got a response.

God fucking shit. I fucked up so bad.

Alex POV:

I was crying, obviously, as I ran out of the building. I didn't want to drive in the dark while I was hysterically crying so I ran to the back of the complex. There was a river back there that was starting to frost over from the cold, I sat down on the cold ground next to it. At this point I didn't care.

How could Jack do that to me? I thought he loved me. I could expect something like that from Lisa. She was a fucking bitch but not Jack, never Jack. He was supposed to care. He was supposed to always be there for me and always love me.

I should've known better. Jack went through boyfriends and girlfriends like there was no tomorrow. What fucking made me think I'd be different. But did it really have to be Lisa? Right after I just broke up with her for him.

It was cruel. It was unreal and un-fucking-believable. I heard Lisa leave the apartment soon after I did. She was noisy about it, naturally. I continued to cry, even though I knew I needed to get a fucking grip.

My phone buzzed constantly with new messages from Jack. I didn't look at them because I didn't even want to hear his bullshit excuses.

I was done. I was so done.