Chapter 21: I'm Just A Moment

Alex POV:

Jack looked at me as he played on the stage. Unbreakable eye contact. When I sang it was to him...

"You're a classic case of foolish, young and in love,

But you don't even know what love could do to us,

We are brash and reckless made of glass and careless,

Break apart the moments, we both feel too much,

When it hurts, it hurts,

Wonder if it's worth it,

When it works, it works,

And when it's broke, it's perfect... "

He was the one to look away.

I was an asshole to him on stage. I knew I was but I couldn't help it. He'd hurt me so bad. It didn't have to be like this. It didn't. I don't know. I still don't know.

When the show ended Will pulled me away from my band and gave me some more alcohol. I didn't mind. It made me forget for a while. We were walking around for quite a while and we stopped in front of a sign that read Hair Salon.

"What're we doing here?" I asked Will, who was giggling uncontrollably.

"We're getting our hair dyed. The front of mine is gonna be pink. You should get yours a weird color too."

"I don't know..." I said taking the last drink from the bottle, "What color would I do?"

Will shrugged playfully, pulling me into the place. A woman walked up to us, "Can I help you?"

"Um, yeah, my boyfriend and I want to have our hair dyed-"

"Boyfriend?" The woman looked at us in a disgusted way, "We don't serve homosexuals here. This is a family owned establishment and we don't agree with your lifestyle."

"Are you kidding me? This is a hair salon." Will said as people began to stare at is. I cringed away and kept my head down.

"Well it's family owned and we don't mess with faggot hair," she said in a snotty way.

Mine and Will's mouths dropped open. Was this lady fucking serious?

Will got snappy back, "Well is there a place that isn't close-minded and ignorant that will serve everyone no matter what sexuality one is?"

She scrunched up her face, "I don't know and I don't care to know. You should leave now."

"I wouldn't want mine or my boyfriend's hair touched by you. We might catch your ignorance," Will grabbed my hand and we walked out of the door. My self esteem took a shot and I really just wanted to go back to the bus and sleep, but Will pressed on.

"Don't worry, babe. We'll find a place that accepts everyone for who they are." Will wrapped an arm around me and I nodded slowly. The next place we went to was a few blocks over. The door opened with a ding. The place was bright and open, unlike the previous salon.

"Hi! Welcome welcome! What can I do for you today?" A nicer looking woman said to us.

Will spoke, "My, um, well, we want to have our hair dyed. I want pink where the green is and he hasn't decided."

"That's quite alright, plenty of time to decide. Are you going to want it bleached?"

Will nodded and the woman looked at me expectantly. I quickly nodded, even though I wasn't really sure.

"Lovely! Just follow me boys. Who'd like to go first?"

Will volunteered. The lady bleached the green part of his hair and put pink dye in it. When it was finished she rinsed it out and dried his hair. It fluffed up black and bright pink in the front.

I smiled, it looked good on him. I'd had pink hair once, a while ago. Jack helped me dye it...

"You're turn," the woman said kindly. I shakily sat down in the chair. She pulled out her supplies and started bleaching my hair. "Have you figured out what color you want yet?"

"I don't know..." I said as more of a question. I thought popped in my head.

I couldn't... but I should. Why not? I told my decision to the dresser.

"That we can do," the woman smiled, "Definitely."

After the bleaching she dyed my hair the color I'd chosen. Will smiled at me and we we decided to go back to the bus to show everyone.

Wouldn't this be a kicker?

Jack POV:

After the show Rian and Zack had managed to pull me out of my bunk and into the kitchen/front lounge to hang out with them. We talked about nothing in particular really. It was actually really awesome hanging out with them. It got my mind off of all the Alex stuff.

I kinda wanted to tell them about everything. I wanted to have someone to talk to about it. I decided, after much internal debate, I wouldn't. I knew I shouldn't and I really didn't have the right to now. I didn't say anything, but it wasn't like they didn't ask...

"So what's been up with you and Alex lately man? Like really? You've been so up and down. It's worrying us," Rian said, expressing his and Zack's concern.

I sighed and shrugged, the pain starting to wiggle it's way into my chest again.

Zack rolled his eyes, "Come on, man. We know it's not nothing."

I frowned, "It really is. We just, have been fighting I guess." Not a total lie...

"You guess?" Rian raised an eyebrow.

"What've you been fighting about?" Zack questioned next.

I shrugged, "I don't know stupid stuff. Look guys it's really not important. We'll make up and get over it sooner or later. Just let it run it's course. Like always." They nodded reluctantly.

"Seriously though, you know you can tell us anything," Rian said, "We're not gonna judge you."

"No way man," Zack said.

"Of course. I know," I said quietly, then perked up and changed the subject, "Who wants to play Call of Duty?"

Zack and Rian cheered and raised their hands. We stood up as the door to the bus popped open. Will came in first. His hair was freshly dyed pink. I looked away before Alex came in. I didn't want to make it awkward.

"Oh my god..." Rian muttered as I heard Alex clamber onto the tour bus.

"What did you do?" Zack asked him. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up.

Alex's once perfect dark brown head was now a bright blue.

My favorite color.

A/N: Okkk I realize that blue isn't Jack's favorite color but Alex just recently dyed his hair blue so I really wanted to add this. He's so cute with his hair like that omfg I die every time I see him.

So yeah thanks for readinggg :) Vote and comment if you'd like...

Until next time,

-H