Chapter 4: Steal A Kiss In The Dark

Alex POV:

"Uh Jack," I said staring at the massive Ferris wheel in the distance, "I think this is a little bit bigger than a carnival." Before us was the entrance to a huge amusement park.

He laughed, "Even better. We'll have roller coasters."

I looked at him nervously, "Great."

"Scaredy cat," he said shoving my shoulder, "Don't worry man, you can hold my hand."

I laughed, he had no idea how bad I wanted to do that, "Ha-ha yeah right."

We walked up to the ticket vender. The lady at the window was really pretty. She had brown hair that was up in a bun but, she wore a shirt that showed off too much cleavage. I could tell she was eyeing Jack, but surprisingly he wasn't returning the favor.

"Hi," she smiled seductively at Jack, "How can I help you?"

"Two adult tickets, please."

Another smile, "Sure thing, hun." She grabbed the two tickets and handed them to Jack, accepting the money before hand. As Jack and I walked away I looked back at her and noticed she was still staring at him.

"Bitch," I muttered under my breath.

"What?" Jack asked, slightly grinning.

"Oh, uh, nothing," I paused, "That girl was checking you out."

He shrugged, "She's not my type."

"Since when is 'willing' not your type?" I asked with a secret inner smile.

He looked at me and shrugged again. Smiling, he changed the topic, "So what ride first?"

"Ferris wheel," I quickly replied.

Jack shook his head "No, not yet. We'll save that for night when it's dark and we can look over the water."

I stubbornly nodded in agreement, "Fine. But if we don't get to it I'll never forgive you."

"We'll make it, I promise!" he pointed to the biggest roller coaster like a little child, "This first!"

He grabbed my hand and started pulling me to the line, which seemed like a billion people waited in, "Whoa! No way! Why do you get to go on the one you want first?"

"Oh, young Alex, my-"

"I'm older than you."

"Shh..." he held a finger to his lips and closed his eyes, making me laugh as he went on, "My ride is better than yours and we don't have to look at anything while we're on it."

I rolled my eyes, "It's like a 2 hour wait."

"No! It's only an hour and a half," he grabbed me and successfully pulled me into the line, "The one's with the longest line are always the best."

I nodded crossing my arms, "Yeah, sure."

—-

It went way faster than expected. As soon as we knew it the young attendant was letting us through the gate so we could pick our car. Jack, obviously, choose the one in the front, even though it was a longer wait.

The cars were your basic roller coaster cars. There wasn't any kind of over the shoulder safety things, only a bar that went across our legs.

"Shouldn't there be a thing on our upper body too?" I asked Jack as the ride started slowly off going straight up.

"This one doesn't go upside down," he explained looking at my clenched fist, "You gonna be ok there?"

I nodded tensely, looking straight forward, which was really straight up. We edged closer and closer to the top. This was the worst part. I didn't mind the ride as we got going but the anticipation was nerve wrecking.