Chapter 14: He Woke Up From Dreaming And Put On His Shoes

Alex POV:

I turned over in the morning and reached subconsciously for Jack. I was sadly reminded that he wasn't there by the cold empty bed next to me. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. My heart hurt so badly. It shouldn't hurt this much.

I couldn't tell if Jack was up or not. I honestly was dreading going out there. He was going to try and feed me some bullshit. Did he even love me at all? Was this some cruel joke?

I cut off my train of thought. I didn't want to think like that. It hurt way more. I grabbed my phone and put it on shuffle.

I laid there and let my phone play through All The Small Things. I nodded my head to the music. When that song ended one of ours began. I grabbed my phone to skip it, I wasn't really in the mood to listen to myself sing. I noticed it was Stay Awake, the song I was singing last night.

I grinned slightly and let it play through, singing quietly along. I checked the time, it was 9 o'clock. The guys would be here to pick us up around 10. I reluctantly got up, knowing it took me a while to get ready. I peaked my head out of the bedroom. Jack was sitting on the couch watching the TV.

I tip toed into the bathroom, not wanting to get his attention, not wanting to see his chocolate brown eyes. I sighed as I turned on the water for the shower. I quickly washed myself and was just enjoying the warm water that was waking up my limbs. It got cold way too soon and I hopped out.

I brushed my teeth after wrapping a towel around my waist. I sighed, realizing I'd have to leave the bathroom for clothes, and then spend the rest of the tour on the same bus as him. I'd have to let him talk and I knew it but I was just dreading it.

I opened the door to the bathroom scrolling through my phone and smacked right into something, someone. Jack. Before I could fall backwards he grabbed my shoulders and kept me steady. My towel almost fell, but I grabbed it.

"Oh shit, Alex. I'm sorry," Jack's cheeks turned pink and I know mine were burning red. I looked down, his hands were still on my shoulders. He removed one and to my surprise touched my cheek, making my face tilt up to look at him.

I sighed. It was good to feel his touch again.

"I think we should talk before this tour starts on the wrong foot," Jack whispered, looking into my eyes. My stomach started doing the weird thing that happens whenever he talks to me.

I reluctantly nodded, "Can I just go put on some clothes first?"

"Of course," he said removing his hands from my bare skin. I walked into the bedroom and quickly threw on some black skinny jeans and a white v-neck shirt that I'd brought from my house. I took deep breath and emerged from the bedroom.

Jack was waiting uneasily on the couch for me. I could tell he was really tense. I sat next to him and waited for him to speak.

"I don't know why she showed up. She said she wanted to talk to you a-and I let her in to wait. I was trying to be nice. I gave her some water and she spilled it on me and the couch," he frowned, "My shirt was wet while I was outside."

That made sense, "Okay I'll give you that. She's clumsy. But how can you even explain sucking face with her? And why her Jack? Of all fucking people! I just dumped her fo-"

He stopped me, "I'll explain just let me finish, please."

I nodded stiffly so he went on, "So anyways I took my shirt off so I could clean up the mess-"

"A towel wouldn't work?"

"Alex, please," he pleaded, obviously getting a little frustrated, "I cleaned it up and she started talking before I could get a new shirt. And she said she hoped we didn't have hard feelings toward her and she said that she like understood why you liked me-"

I frowned. Lisa was a little lying shit, "She was just saying how she-!"

He gave me a death glare and I quieted so he could finish, "After she said that stuff she fucking kissed me. And Alex I swear on everything I love, I swear on us, that I was a millisecond away from pushing her off me when you came in."

I was frowning, my eyebrows pulled together in frustration. He could be lying. But he did look really sad, "Is that the truth?"

Jack nodded quickly, "Of course. I wouldn't do that to you. I love you."

My eyes met his chocolate ones, "Really?"

He gave me a small smile, "Really."

I looked down again, "I'm sorry I wouldn't let you explain. I should've known Lisa was behind this."

Jack shrugged, "It's fine. It did look pretty bad."

"So... can we start over?" I asked him.

A grin crept onto his lips as he nodded, "I'd love that."

I wrapped my arms around his waist. Jack buried his head in my neck but snapped up quickly when someone banged on the door.

"Hurry the fuck up dipshits! We have a schedule to keep!" Matt called from outside the door, "We still have to get Zack!"

Jack quickly pushed me away, "I, uh, we'll be right there." I looked at him questioningly he gave me a sorry face and whispered, "I just don't think we should tell them yet."

"You want us to sneak around?" I bit my lip, I tried to make my voice sound less hurt than I was.

"Just for a little," Jack pecked my lips with his, "Only a little... We better go."

"Okay," I sighed and went to grab my bags. I wanted to tell people about us. I didn't want to have to hide. By the time I got back Jack had let Matt into the apartment.

"Let's go, let's go," he said, "You don't wanna be late for your own show."

Jack looked at us and smirked, "Wouldn't be the first time." I smiled at his comment and followed them out to the bus. Good old tour bus. Lots of memories in this thing.

I quickly claimed my normal bunk and unpacked a few of my belongings, pictures and chargers mostly. I laid on my bed as the tour bus started off. I started to think about Jack and how stupid it was of me to think he actually kissed her. I mean, he wouldn't do that to me. Of course he wouldn't. I couldn't believe I overreacted so much.

I was really glad we were back together but it did bug me that he didn't want to tell anybody. Our fans would love it and I'm sure Rian and Zack wouldn't care. I wondered if maybe he was embarrassed of me. I quickly shook my head and refused to think that. He wasn't embarrassed of me. What would I have done to make him ashamed of me?

I was jolted from my thoughts by Rian.

"Good to see you again. You and Jack have been in that apartment for weeks," he grinned teasingly, "What'd you do in there?"

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing. Watched movies mostly."

"Home Alone probably."

I groaned, "Don't even mention that."

"I saw he brought it with him," Rian said, "Sorry dude."

"There is nothing wrong with Home Alone!" Jack said from his bunk, "Quit hating! You said you liked it, Alex."

"I didn't say I didn't like it. I just have seen it a ton," I said.

"Because it's a great movie!" Jack whined.

Rian chuckled and walked away from our bunks, "You two are like a married couple, I swear."

Jack bit his lip then turned to smile at me and mouthed, I love you.

I returned the smile, wishing silently that we could sleep in the same bunk. I didn't want to spend another night alone.