Chapter 18: I Swear He's Out To Get Me

Jack POV:

I didn't want to stay away from him, but after our make out session the other day I felt like everyone knew something was up. And then we disappeared a few nights after that to be together. They didn't know what we were doing but I'd be lying if I said they weren't suspicious.

I should've told everyone by now. I shouldn't make Alex wait for so long. I knew it had to happen at one point but I put it off for so long because every time I told everyone about my relationships it ended horribly. When we told people no one would shut up about it and the other person and I just lost it, whatever it was we had.

It was hard to explain. All I knew was that it never ended well. I didn't want that to be Alex and I. I wanted us to be forever. Telling people would ruin everything.

Alex asked me more and more to tell everyone. I could tell he was getting impatient. He thought I was ashamed of him, which wasn't true at all. He talked to that stupid guy a lot. The one who knows about us, Will.

I hated him. I had no particular reason not to like him but I really fucking did. He got under my skin so bad.

He would bring out guitar picks and rockstars for us on stage and I really wanted to trip him. Just watch him fall while the audience laughs.

I didn't because I knew Alex would be mad at me if I did. That didn't stop me from hating him. Who could blame me though? The stupid kid was always with my boyfriend.

Alex was innocent and I knew he didn't think of Will in that way, but that didn't stop the love from growing in Will's eyes. Alex was fucking amazing. Who wouldn't love him?

I could tell that Will was starting to feel something more for Alex and it pissed me off to no end. I wouldn't be so shitty about it if Will hadn't known about Alex and I being a thing. He did know yet he still hung around him all the damn time.

I was frustrated beyond reason. I knew it would be best to keep Alex and I a secret. I also knew it had to come out soon. I knew I hated this Will guy. I knew I didn't fucking want Alex with his bitch ass.

I was seriously thinking about just kissing Alex on stage for everyone to see and know that this boy was mine, but I chickened out. I never did it. The more I thought about it the more terrified I got.

I couldn't fuck this up. I couldn't lose him.

Alex POV:

After that night Jack and I went back to our distant relationship. We, like usual, snuck around some. I went back to hurting. The only time I felt good was when I was on stage or with Jack. I knew it was completely ridiculous to base my happiness on one person. But nevertheless I did.

Will kept me company most of the time. We hung out before shows and after shows. He brought me stuff during the shows. He was just always there smiling and trying to make me laugh. He was a really cool guy.

Jack hated him, which made me sad. I knew I couldn't do anything about it. Jack could be so stubborn sometimes. I'm sure he's convinced that Will was in love with me or something. I didn't even know if he was gay or straight or bi or what. So I really doubted he liked me like that. We were just friends. That's all.

Since Will was the only one who knew about Jack and I, I found myself complaining to him about our situation a lot.

Will would just listen attentively and nod. He would rarely give feedback but I didn't mind because it was mostly just nothing. Other times we just talked about shows or got to know each other.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked Will one day backstage. We'd just finished sound check. Will and I were alone, no one was around. I didn't think anything of it.

"Um, probably red," he grinned, "You?"

"I don't know I like a lot of colors."

"That's cool," he looked into my eyes and before I knew it his lips were on mine.

Oh. Um. Oh.

I scrunched up my face and pushed his away from me quickly. I didn't do it roughly but I did it so he would know that's definitely not okay.

"Y-You know I'm with Jack," I stuttered scooting away from him.

"No one is supposed to know," Will said, "So how am I supposed to know?"

I sighed, he's such a fucking smart ass sometimes, "Yeah well either way I'm with him and you know about it so that can't happen again."

Will leaned back against the box we were sitting on, "Why do you stay with him, Alex? He doesn't even want people to know you're together. If you were with me I'd tell anyone and everyone."

"I love him," I said simply, "I really do."

"Yeah, well, I love you."

I made a face, "Will please stop. You're really cool and nice and I like you a lot but I really can't leave Jack. I just, I can't."

"If you and Jack weren't together would you give me a chance?"

I shrugged uncomfortably, "I don't know, maybe. But I am with him so it doesn't matter anyways."

Will looked down, "Yeah... Just know that I'm always here for you." He placed his hand on mine.

I smiled awkwardly pulling my hand back, "Same here. I better go find Jack. We're on stage in a little while."

"You're not gonna tell him are you?" Will asked quickly.

"I don't know maybe," I said thinking about it, "He is my boyfriend. He should know."

"Please don't tell him!" Will pleaded, "He already hates me!"

"And you just kissed his boyfriend so he kinda has a right to. We're cool Will, but I can't say the same thing about Jack," I walked away before he could respond.

I was wrong about him. I couldn't have been more wrong about him.