Chapter 3: Don't Make This Easy

Jack POV:

The toast he was waiting for popped up as soon as he said it. Alex stared at me for half a second in the doorway then shook his head and walked through, shutting it after him. I froze. Rian and Zack looked at me confused as the bus slowly pulled to a stop.

"What the hell was that about?" Zack asked.

I frowned, "I uh, I don't know..."

"Where the fuck did that even come from?" Rian asked next.

"I don't know okay!? I don't know!" I couldn't tell them the truth, and the fact that they're pressuring me to made me kinda pissed.

Alex and I, what happened, almost happened, it was complicated. I didn't know what to do about it. I was nervous whenever I thought about it. I couldn't ruin everything. It was better to just leave it alone. Maybe I'm just a coward...

I got up and put Alex's toast on a plate because he hadn't eaten and I knew it would make his head feel better. I looked at Rian and Zack before I went into the back lounge, "Sorry I snapped. I, uh, don't know. Just don't worry about it."

They stared at me with a weird look on their faces as I went after Alex.

Alex POV:

SHIT. Okay okay. After I had my stupid fucking outburst I went back to where I was the night before and started pacing until I just sat down on a couch with my knees up. Soon enough someone came in after me. Wonder who that could be...

"Get the fuck out, Jack," I muttered into the pillow that was on my knees, "Just go."

I could hear him shuffle around a little, "Shouldn't we talk?" I didn't respond so he sat down next to me, "I brought you your food. I know your head is probably pounding like crazy."

"I took some stuff it should go away soon." But I knew it wouldn't.

He sighed, "Well, it could help."

"Jack can you just leave?" I asked, finally setting my eyes on him. He looked really stressed out, way more than 2 minutes ago when we were sitting at the table.

"No," he'd caught my eyes and kept them with his stare, "I'm not going until we talk."

"What is there to talk about Jack? Really? Nothing happened."

"Yes, something did happen."

"Literally, it didn't but either way just fucking forget about it. It's easier that way."

"You don't have to be an ass about it. I mean, you slept with that girl," he retorted, "It's not like you were telling her no because of me."

I rolled my eyes, "She basically raped me."

"OH," Jack said sarcastically, standing up, "Okay sure. Yeah I'm sure she raped you."

"Basically she did! How would you even know?" I hopped up and shouted, eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't. But I know Alex Gaskarth isn't going to turn down a hot girl, okay," he said making me flinch.

"Oh yeah?" I yelled, "What about you Jack? You wouldn't either! You've fucked half of our fans!"

"And you fucked the other half!" He yelled stepping closer to me so we were only about half a foot apart. Against my will my heart pounded, more so than my head.

I shook my head, "You're such a dick."

"I'm a dick? Yeah, yeah okay! I'm a dick!"

"Screw you! GO FUCK ANOTHER MINDLESS FAN GIRL!"

"WHY DON'T YOU YOU FUCKING ASS HOLE!" he yelled while retreating to the door, "I've been there for you through so much. And you get this pissed over nothing."

"Maybe it's not nothing to me. And I'm sorry? It was you who wouldn't get off me," I said, "I didn't ask for this!"

"Yeah, well that doesn't mean you didn't want it," and with that he left.

I screamed out in frustration and punched the wall of the bus. Why did I always let him get the best of me?

--

"You know who I think is an asshole?" I yelled out to the audience through the microphone later that night.

"WHO?" they all screamed back.

"I think Jack Bassam Barakat is an asshole!" I laughed pointing at him, "That bitch right there."

Jack stepped up to his mic, "You guys wanna know who I think is an asshole?"

The audience roared so Jack went on, "I think Alex is an asshole!"

I smirked at him, "I know I'm an asshole! When will you admit it?"

The show went on like that for the rest of the time, Jack and I bickering back and forth. We didn't invite anybody on stage for Time Bomb this night. We really weren't in the right mindset to meet fans at the moment. So instead of our pretty little fan girls, our manager, Matt, waited for us backstage.

"What the hell is going on with you two?" he asked, "You're bickering like little bitches, way more than usual. It's like you either wanna fight or fuck. So what ever you're gonna do you need to get it out because tomorrow we're going to the festival and I need you guys to be back on your game."

"The festival? Fuck that's tomorrow?" I asked as Jack muttered curse words under his breath.

Matt tilted his head to the side, "Not quite. We'll get there tomorrow and hang for a day but your set isn't until the next day."

"We get a day off?" Jack asked smiling like a kid on Christmas. Damn his smile was fantastic. I looked away. No, shut up. You're mad at him.

"That is, if you can behave yourself," he said shaking his head and walking out the door, "Be ready to go we leave in 15."

Jack looked at me smirking, "So what will it be then?"

I raised an eyebrow, "What?"

He continued to smirk devilishly at me, "Are we gonna fight or fuck?"

My heart jumped but I rolled my eyes and acted indifferent, "Shut up." I turned and started to walk out to the bus.

Jack caught my arm, "I don't wanna fight with you Alex," he half smiled went on, "Let's just go back to being friends again."

I paused. I hated fighting with Jack. He usually made me so happy, it almost killed me to be mad at him. I half grinned at him, "Yeah... friends..."

"Good," he said, this time I could enjoy his bright white smile, "So, since we're friends again, what're you doing on our day off?"

I smirked leaning against the wall, "Definitely not hanging out with you. That's for sure."

"Ouch," he held a hand up to his heart, "That one hurt."

"Good," I said relaxing a little. The show had really worn me out, "I don't know. It depends what's going on that day."

"You know," Jack leaned in trying to act secretive, "I heard there was going to be a carnival or something."

I grinned, "Oh yeah?"

He nodded smiling, "Yuuup, so if there are no good bands on that day. We could probably do that."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Oh, but Alex, I thought you didn't want to hang out with me," he tilted his head to the right playfully.

"Maybe I just want to go on a Ferris Wheel," I replied.

Jack gave a light laugh, "That figures."

"Yeah, maybe I wanna hang out with you a little," I bit my lip and stood up off the wall.

He smiled, "We better get going then."

"Yeah," I said shoving his shoulder, "Let's go."