chapter 4 : the disappearance of frank gallagher

Beginne am Anfang

"Nothing?" Lip walked over to them with his hand inside of his pockets; with Karen walking beside him. Karen was barely even putting effort into helping find Frank, she had been in Lip's shadow this whole time as if she was going to lose him once the sun turned to him. 

Kicking over a couple of boxes to make sure Frank didn't hide himself inside of there. "Did your dad ever go missing?" Karen questioned Y/n, looking in her direction. The two of them were never close friends, because of everything Y/n had heard about the women throughout their time in high school and now that she was dating her best friend. 

She could tell Karen was being real when she asked this and not just some bitch who wanted to make fun of her for it. "Not for long," Y/n answered; throwing her hands inside of her pocket with the four of them walking side by side. "But I was a child who didn't think about it much." 

"A match made in hell, might I say" Lip stepped over a body that wasn't Frank's but another drunk's. Walking around the four of them made their way around, Their attention was on everything that was around that someone was able to hide inside of. 

Y/n had helped check around the Alibi, looking all around and everywhere he might be hiding since they only had a few hours to find Frank before the disability didn't wind up going out. Lip had checked on the other side of the alleyway, with Logan getting a call from his mom causing him to go off and answer it not in the way of everyone. 

Leaning on a pole she had put a cig inside of her mouth, feeling like Frank wasn't going to be found even though he wasn't gone forever he always winded up coming back to them no matter what situation he was in, even if he was nearly about to die. 

"You both are close." Karen had pointed out to her as she ran her hand through her hair turning to watch the women get closer to her as if she was telling some kind of secret. 

"We're cool, always have been," Y/n answered dimmingly and awkwardly turning to see Karen. "Cool, cool, cool..." She muttered into the cig that was resting inside of her lips. "You and Lip?" 

"Yeah," Karen sighed holding her hands in front of her with a pout on her lip. Y/n bit the bottom of her lip, wanting to change the subject or even the person that she was talking to was no longer interested in having a conversation with Karen if it was only going to be about Lip. 

"Cool cool cool," She continued to mutter not knowing what else to say at the moment, continuing to smoke the cig that was in between her fingers. Karen had awkwardly laced her wheat-coloured hair between her fingers with Y/n standing there. 

"You like Lip don't you?" Karen bluntly asked her with Y/n crossing her arms a little bit. 

However, before she could respond to that question- the sounds of Lip's loud footsteps echoed back from around the corner; with disappointment all over his face. "Nothing," he dropped his hands by his side with disappointment. "Did you-" 

"Yes, nothing. I think Logan is calling to see if any ERs near him have anything." Y/n handed him the cig as Lip placed it between his lips. "Speaking of, I should-....go and check on him..." She muttered turning on her heel and walking to the alleyway that he was already in. 

Turning the dirty corner, she stopped looking towards Logan who was leaning on the wall on the phone with someone. "Hey." he finished his conversation before fully turning and looking at Y/n putting his phone into his pocket. 

"Hey." Logan noticed her still disappointed knowing that Frank was still out there somewhere. 

"Hi," She repeated a small smile resting on the corners of her lips. She was trying not to act like such a dick knowing that everything inside of her was mad at herself for waiting to say anything to Lip knowing she liked him, and now he was with Karen. "We have one more place, but you can go home."