Can you not be worried? The prefect has just taken office, and these people just come and go.
  After so many years as government officials, this was the first time they had seen people come to the government offices to ask for explanations.
  Besides, it’s just one or two, even a dozen or so doesn’t matter. You said there were hundreds when you came. Isn’t this deliberately causing trouble?
  In other words, they still hope that the good decisions of "small counties and big cities" will be implemented quickly.
  Alas, I wonder if the prefect will lose his determination to fight in Shizhou Prefecture after receiving such a big blow today. If the "small county and big city" is gone, then they will have to cry to death.
  Gao Tongzhi was also worried. In his opinion, this matter was really difficult to deal with.
  In fact, after seeing Mr. Lin taking those mountain wives back, he knew that something was going to happen. Not to mention how difficult those families were, the people had been worshiping the mountain gods for many years, and suddenly something happened. Naturally, I had to come over and ask for details.
  Compared with Gao Tongzhi, Qian Tongpan has much less to do with himself.
  What he usually admires the most are those who are resourceful, and what he despises the most is naturally those who act recklessly.
  In his eyes, Mr. Lin is exactly the latter.  In the past few days, Qian Tongpan has been thinking about it again and again, and feels that Mr. Lin
  ’s Therefore, for this move, Xu had already heard of the "famous names" of the Yang family, Zhao family, and Chen family, so he was preparing to attack them as soon as he took office, so as to establish his prestige.
  But Qian Tongpan thought to himself that if he wanted to establish his power, he had to look at something or someone. As far as the matter and the group of people he was currently looking for, he absolutely did not believe that Mr. Lin's power could be successful.
  Usually when ordinary people see an official, they want to lower their heads to their stomachs.
  But these three families were different. As far as he knew, the Yang family alone had two members who had the title of civil servant, and this did not include the six scholars. The same goes for the Zhao family and the Chen family. Among the children of the family, there are also scholars and scholars. Otherwise, how could they have such confidence to ask the government for explanations.
  Qian Tongpan was really puzzled. Mr. Lin was promoted to the prefect of Shizhou by the Holy Emperor because of his outstanding political achievements in Yongning Prefecture and Dinghu County. Such a person should not be stupid. How could he do such a reckless thing? Coming.
  ...
  Lin Yuanqiu certainly didn't know what everyone in the yamen was thinking.
  When he arrived at the front office, he didn't delay and sat directly at the public case table.
  Then he said to the leading government official, "Let the common people come in."
  Come in?
  The leading officer thought he had heard wrongly. In the past, when a case was heard, only the victim could attend the court, and others could only stand outside the lobby door to watch.
  Thinking like this, the leading officer hurriedly asked again, "Sir, are you calling everyone in?"
  Lin Yuanqiu nodded, "That's right, call everyone in."
  Since everyone has already arrived outside the door, he can't help himself. It's a waste of time for people to make a trip.
  Several clan leaders and clan elders were a little stunned for a moment after hearing that everyone was allowed in, not understanding what the magistrate meant. But then I thought about it, they were being reasonable about this matter, so what were they afraid of?
  As a result, the lobby of the government office was extremely crowded.
  Seeing the magistrate under the bright mirror, everyone knelt down and kowtowed. Anyway, he already had a countermeasure in his mind, so Lin Yuanqiu was not in a hurry. He raised his hand and said to everyone, "Everyone, get up."
  Then, Lin Yuanqiu said to several government servants beside him, "Go and move stools for the clan elders to sit on. .”

  Hearing that it was a stool and not a chair, several government officials quickly moved the long wooden bench in the corridor that was originally used to set up drums.
  Seeing the magistrate's polite appearance, not only the clan leaders and elders, but also Gao Tongzhi and Qian Tongpan were a little confused.
  I don’t understand why the prefect is so good-tempered.
  Did you give in so quickly?
  When the clan leaders and elders were all seated, Lin Yuanqiu raised his hand and motioned to the clan leaders and elders, "Tell me, why are you here today?" What's the purpose
  ?
  Several clan leaders and everyone present were stunned for a long time, but the prefect still didn't know why they came?
  Everyone looked up at the hall and saw that the prefect was listening attentively, as if he really didn't know anything.
  Gao Tongzhi and Qian Tongsuan looked at each other. They didn't know what kind of medicine Master Lin was selling in the gourd. They had already explained the matter when the Yamen went to Hou Yamen to report it in the morning.
  After all, he is a mature man. Patriarch Yang quickly calmed down. Since the prefect asked him to say it, he should just say it.
  Thinking of this, Chief Yang stood up from his stool, then bowed and said, "Sir, since the 14th year of Jingkang, the people of Shizhou Prefecture have worshiped the Wushan God. Over the past many years, Shizhou Prefecture has The weather has always been smooth and no major disasters have occurred. The protection of the mountain gods must be indispensable." As soon as
  Patriarch Yang finished speaking, Patriarch Zhao stood up quickly. His grandson passed the exam the year before last, so he Among the several clan chiefs, he felt that he had the strongest back. “Sir, just as Chief Yang said, thanks to the blessings of Wushan God, Taoshan God, and Youshan God in recent years, the people of Shizhou Prefecture have been able to live without worries. , I’m afraid I can’t even imagine if there is no more worship in the future.”
  Upon hearing this, the hundreds of people standing in the lobby, as well as the remaining people standing outside the door because they couldn’t squeeze in, all talked about it. He shouted:
  "Sir, this Wushan deity has been offering incense to Xiao Min's grandfather since he was born. If it stops now, Xiao Min will be afraid!"
  "Sir, please take pity on the poor people. What if there is no incense and the Wushan gods no longer protect you!" "
  Yes, sir, please show mercy!"
  After saying this, everyone fell to their knees. Then he kowtowed his head with a "dong dong dong" sound.
  To anyone who saw this scene, it looked like an official bullying the common people.
  Perhaps after hearing the movement here, many pedestrians had gathered outside the door.
  Lin Yuanqiu didn't say anything, and the gavel in his hand hit the table with a "snap" like thunder.
  Originally, he wanted to wait for them to mention the mountain wife, and then talk to a few people about it, but seeing the way they deliberately avoided it and didn't mention it at all, Lin Yuanqiu suddenly didn't want to waste words with these people anymore.
  When Gaiden slapped the table, everyone immediately became silent, including kowtows. However, it was not Gaiden who was afraid, but the prefect who was looking at the silent and solemn face.
  It looks really scary.
  It's just that Lin Yuanqiu's appearance made her look stern and angry in the eyes of several cunning clan leaders and clan elders.
  Several people couldn't help but feel proud. They didn't expect that the dignified magistrate was forced to say nothing by them. Hahaha, it seemed that he would no longer dare to meddle in their family's business in the future.
  Qian Tongpan looked at it and shook his head secretly. He was so driven to panic so quickly. Alas, it seems that Mr. Lin is nothing more than that.
  But before the Yang family leaders could finish feeling proud, they heard the prefect tell Gao Tongzhi in a deep voice, "Mr. Gao, please ask the household clerk to bring over the household registrations of the Yang family, the Zhao family, and the Chen family. !"
  "Yes, sir." Upon hearing this, Gao Tongzhi stood up and went to the sixth room.