Chapter 29

Five days.

Five days of isolation is finally over. Althea miss the sun on her face. But she fully understand the safety of her baby.

Yeilk carry Pixie outside for the first time with Althea by his side. He has gotten more comfortable holding Pixie.

"She's out!" Rubes push to the front of the crowd.

"Prima filia ducis Yeilk et Althea dux!"

Eveyone take a bow of respect.

Pixie was given to Rubes who couldn't wait to hold her.

"Her name is Pixie."

"Wow. She's so small."

Pixie choose that moment to start crying. Rubes calming techniques weren't working so Althea took over. She stop the minute she was back in Althea's arms.

"Now don't think I forget about my daily updates Missy. Give me all the details."

Rubes and Hans has made alot of progress. He went as far as hugging her which Althea internally screaming in joy.

"Well he kind of kiss me this morning."

"Now that's what I'm talking about. I know you two would become more. No more one night stands Missy."

"I promise." Rubes like Hans more than someone to just sleep with so that's a promise she can keep.

"OK everyone it's training time." Yeilk gather all the able ones. "Ruel won't show mercy and neither will we. Now let's pour our sweat and blood into this."

"My brother seem to be getting really violent these days."

"When is he not?"

"Point taken."

"Certa vita tua in eo pendet!"

"He's just underpressure with your brother showing up after all these years."

"I want things to go back to normal."

Everyone does. The tribe was tense. They don't know when Ruel will strike. We should start getting everyone to safety soon. The caves are the best place to go. There were a few large ones not far from the tribe.

Althea went back inside and place a sleeping Pixie in her little bed before going back outside. It looks like it's going to rain. She don't like when it rains.

While the men train Althea and the women prepare the fire to start cooking. Well the other women prepare the fire and she bring the things that are to be cooked.

"Ghouls!"

Althea paled.

"Rubes Pixie!"

"I'll watch her!" Rubes ran to the home and close the door. A woman throw Althea her sword whole the others ran to their home.

Her mind his trouble. Everytime she think nothing was going to happen it happened.

She stood by Yeilk's side as they await the pending battle.

"You sure you don't want to be with Pixie?"

"We'll get out of this alive and see her again. Let's make this place safe first."

The men took their place around them as the first wave of Ghouls came.

She fight with every fiber of her being. She has people to protect and she won't fail them.

Her sword cut through flesh, one after the other. Her face twist with disgust as blood splattered on her face. But that didn't slow her down.