Chapter 3

The woman covering Althea's mouth remove her hand. The furry creature came running, yapping away.

"We good,"one of the women said again. "Food at camp."

It's didn't take a genius to figure out what the woman was trying to say. Their English is terrible.

Since she has no choice she follow them. There was no escaping because there was no place to go. The women use there bug thick body to form a cage around her.

Her socks covered feet were aching from the hard stones. The terrain was rough, not for her delicate feet.

They got back to the camp and she hated the attention she was getting. Yes she was tiny and completely useless but no need to stare like that.

They set her on a large log and sit on either side of her, making sure she can't go anywhere. She huff and just sit there.

One of the women give her a piece of meat. She didn't think what kind of meat it was cause she's too hungry.

They were talking but she didn't understand anything they were saying. She knew they were talking about her from the gestures only.

She watch them the same way they were watching her. She didn't get any hostility from them but she know better than to let her guard down around them.

She's at a great disadvantage.

She sigh and look off in the distance. She miss home. She don't know if there's a way to return. She don't know what she will face in this world.

"Sleep?"

Althea shake her head. She's not sleeping around people she doesn't know.

One of the women said something in the strange language and a large furry blanket drop around her shoulders almost making her fall off the log. The woman laugh before steading her.

Her face redden from embarrassment. She pull the blanket over her head. She want to curl up in a hole and die.

She let out a surprise yelp when she was lift up. She was high off the ground.

She was soon dropped in a bed of furs. She don't know what touching clouds feel like but she imagine it would feel just like the fur bed.

The women tuck her in and it remind her of how her mother use to do it. It make her miss home even more.

She curl up in a ball as sleep refused to make an appearance. She turn on her back, and look up at the sky. There was no stars, nor clouds.

The world was indeed strange but she won't judge it just yet. There are still alot for her to see.

"It will get better Althea."

Saying that out loud didn't make her feel any better. She was home sick already.

She hope this was just a dream and when she sleep and wake up, she will be back in her bedroom. In her warm bed with her chest of food and iPad filled with books to read.

How can one have a dream like this anyway?

Rolling on her belly, she pull the heaven of a blanket up and try to sleep.