Chapter 9

A laugh leave her lips as she splash Yeilk. His hair was down and sticking to his face. She didn't know it was that long but she like it.

"Come here." He grab her by the waist and pull her against him. "You like teasing don't you?"

"No!"

He dive into the deep part of the lake before coming back up. She was holding on for dear life since she can't swim.

"Yeilk!"

She blush as a chuckle leave his lips. It was rare for the stone face chief so she's enjoying every bit of it.

"I'm convinces you're trying to kill me."

"Never." He swim to the bank and pull himself out of the water with her. "We should get back to feed you."

Now that he mentioned it she was famished.

"Your hair."

"You braid it when we get back."

"I thought that was frowned upon."

"I'll make an exception from now on." Her mouth open and close, no words escaping. Then a bright blush appear on her face. It didn't miss Yeilk. He has come to like the color on her.

She put her clothes on and they walk back together, hand in hand.

When they got back women were roasting meat and Rubes came to greet her with a huge grin.

"Did you have fun?" Her grin widen.

"Dirty minded much."

She laugh. "Can you blame me? You two were gone for a awfully long time."

It wasn't that long. Was it?

"Your hair is a mess! Let's sit you down and I'll braid it."

The three of them walk to the fire and sit. Rubes get to work braiding Althea's damp hair.

"So what did you two do?"

"Swim."

"Naked?"

"Rubes!" Rubes laugh and take a seat beside her.

"Just curious."

"Curiosity kills the cat."

Nomy pass her food and she gladly take it. Her stomach grumble making her blush.

How embarrassing!

She chomp down on her meat and some roasted ground provisions. After some water she was stuffed.

She rub her bloated stomach and pout.

Yeilk look at her belly with a satisfied look.

"My hair," he said.

Everyone stop eating as she stood up. Their chief just right out put a claim on Althea. Everyone was stunned including Rubes who isn't easily stunned.

Only ones partner can touch a woman or man's hair.

Rubes was celebrating on the inside.

When Althea was finished she yawn. She was tired and her limbs were aching.

"I'm going to sleep."

"Go to my home."

Once again his words shock his people. Althea was too tired to argue so she just did as he says.

She walk to his home and enter. She drop face down in heaven. She hug the furs with the biggest smile in her face.

She heard the door open and she didn't have to look up to see. As a matter of fact she was too tired to lift her head.

The sound of rustling allow her to drifted into a dreamless sleep.