Chapter 13

Yeilk lift the sword from his opponent's hand making the man bow in defeat. He was new at training but he was good.

"Yeilk!" Yeilk turn around and he feel anger run through his veins before he rush to Rubes.

Everyone gathered around to witness the blood covered women.

"The guards. They came out of no where. Weick and Luiw didn't make it."

The healer came running and Yeilk bring Althea to his home, placing her on the bed.

"Is she going to be OK?"

"She will survive,"the healer said.

"I think her arm is dislocated."

The healer tend to the slash on her stomach.

"Where is Nala?"

"She stay back so we can get away."

Rubes sit on the floor beside the bed, looking at Althea's pale form.

Tears come to her eyes as the idea of losing Althea become top much for her to bare. In the short time they have become like sisters.

Yeilk rest his hand on her shoulder. It only make her cry harder.

"Can you hold her Chief so I can set her arm?" Yeilk sit on the bed and hold her while the healer pop her arm back in. A painful cry leave Althea's lips. He wipe the tears from her face. "She should be OK now. Some rest will do her good."

Yeilk nod as the healer take his leave.

"Tell me what happened."

"We were by the lake getting ready to come back when arrows came flying from out of no where. But she fought back."

Rubes held up the blade and Yeilk squeeze his eyes shut. His rage was shimmering beneath the surface.

"Yani went too far. Hurting me is one thing but hurting what's mine is crossing the line."

He pull up a blanket over Althea before standing up.

"We're going back to the lake." He grab his axe off the wall and walk out. He call over two men and give them the task of watching over Althea.

He and Rubes set out for the lake.

He respect King Thidus but when it comes to the Queen all that respect vanished. That vile woman has to be stopped one way or another. She's going to die by his blade. That's a promise he make to himself.

They enter the forest and the smell of blood was thick in the air.

"Nala!" Rubes ran to the lake when she saw Nala laying there. She drop by her side. "Nala."

Nala cough, blood dripping from her mouth. "She OK?"

"She's OK. You got to hold on. We're bring you back."

Yeilk came over and lift Nala. A large wound was on her stomach. They have to hurry if they want to save her.

Yeilk move as fast as he can back towards the tribe. Rubes take in everything that move fearing that more soldiers were probably lurking nearby.

They soon got back to the tribe and the healer was called once again. Yeilk leave Nala in his care and wait for some news.