Chapter 15

The men were in deep training. Yeilk wasn't going easy on them. They train day and night for weeks. Althea always sit to the side and watch them. She take in their moves so she will be familiar with what do when she's able to train again.

Weeks has passed since Nala and it still sadden her. But she make a promise that she will put a end to that vile woman.

But her justice start from getting stronger. When she's not watching the men and women train and she does her own little exercises.

She need to get stronger. She need to be able to hold her own in a fight. She was determined.

She return her attention to the men fighting. Everyone was determined to do their best.

After weeks of training they have gotten better and better. They were almost as strong as Yeilk.

"Here."

She tear her attention from the training ground to Rubes. She take the bowl of grapes with a thanks. Rubes sit beside her resting her head on Althea's shoulder.

"How do you do it? How do you smile everyday like everything is okay when it's not."

"Practice. Before I came here I didn't have the best life. I have good parents. My mother has always been there not my dad. In my father's eyes I was just the daughter he never want. He always compare me to my bigger brother. He always find ways to bring me down. Over time I learn how to hide what I feel and let it out when no one is around. It's become easier over time. They always say it gets better but it never truly does. It's always there at the back of your mind and show up when you least expect it. It's OK to cry."

"I don't have any tears left."

Althea close her eyes, fighting back her own tears. It doesn't get easy. You heal over time but the mind never forget.

"Take a break,"Yeilk said. He wipe the sweat from his face before walking over to his sister and Althea. "Time for you two to sleep."

Rubes stand up and help Althea up. She hug her before walking away.

Yeilk push the hair from Althea's face before tilting her head up so she was looking at him.

"Ready to sleep?"

"You need to take a bath."

"Are you saying I stink?" He raise a brow.

"Yes. Yes you stink." She chuckle at the look of disbelief on his face. He lift her up and head for the stream. "What are you doing?"

"Now we both stink."

"Not fair!"

He look down at her with a smug grin. She want to hit it off his face.

They got to the stream and he walk in with her fully clothed.

"You'll get our clothes wet!"

He ignore her protest and set her down into the water.

He wash himself while she splash around in the water.

"Come here." She stand and walk over to him. She settle on his lap while he wash her hair.

She love this life.