Chapter 5

Althea keep close to Rubes as every eyes watch her. Has they never seen a small person before?

She and Rubes were near the larger homes now. She saw old people sitting in groups outside some of them. Despite being old they too, were buff.

"Here we are."

Althea look up at the home. It was the biggest of them all.

"Ready?"

"I think so. He won't eat me will he?"

Rubes laugh and pull her inside.

"Brother we are here."

"Brother?"

"Oh did I forget to mention that?" Althea narrow her eyes at Rubes. She did that on purpose.

"Tu satis diu." [Took you long enough]

"Don't be a grump brother. Althea meet our leader Yeilk."

Althea turn to the leader Yeilk.  She saw a beast of a man. She shrudder rock her body just looking at him.

"Nope not today."

Althea turn to go back out and Rubes pull her back in. Yeilk stood and Althea stood there, mouth agaped.

He was huge sitting down and he was even bigger standing up.

"Illa parva est." [She's small]

"So?"

"Relinquere." [Leave]

"See you around Althea."

"Don't leave me with him!"

"I love my life Althea. I know better than to stand in his way to something he wants." Rubes walk out leaving her at the mercy of Yeilk.

"How did you get here?"

Oh he speak English too. But why is she surprised when his sister speak it.

"Do you think I would be here if I know?" She fold her arms across her chest.

"Hungry?"

She watch him move around effortlessly despite his size.

"No."

"Come eat."

"I said no."

"And I said come and eat." Althea stood by the door unmoving. Yeilk turn to look at her. If this man thinks he can order her around he has another thing coming.

They were having a stare down and she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of backing down first. It's probably not a good idea to upset a man of his kind but she's not going to do everything he says.

"Venientes milites!" Yeilk break eye contact and look at the man who just entered. Althea did too though she didn't know what he said. [Arriving soldiers]

"Quot?" [How many]

"Centum fortasse." [Perhaps hundreds]

Althea look between the two of them. She want to learn the language. Maybe she will let Rubes teach her. Nope, she's no good at learning language.

Yeilk pull forth an axe and a sword, half his size. Althea jump back at the sight of the weapons.

"Get Rubes venire et manere apud eam." [Get Rubes to come and stay with her]

All Althea understand was Rubes name.

"Don't leave this house."

"You can't tell me what to do. I'll leave if I want to."

"You call for me brother?"

"Don't let her leave the house."

"No problem."

Yeilk walk out leaving a huffing Althea behind.

"In here is safer trust me. The approaching troops could be enemies."

"Oh..."

"Come eat." Rubes pull her where a mountain of food rest. "You're very skinny and tiny. We need to make you big."

No way she want to look like the women outside. Her body wasn't made to have that much muscle and fat. She's perfect the way she is.

Althea eat what she can. She was in a for a long ride.