Chapter 14

Althea open her eyes. She feel sluggish and extra weak. Her hand move to her stomach and winced. She close her eyes and tried not to breath too hard before attempting to sit up.

Pain shot up her arm giving her a reality check of the condition she was actually in. Then she remembered Nala and it give her a boast. She grit her teeth in pain as she get off the bed.

She stumbled to the door with a hand on her stomach. She step outside and shield her eyes from the sun.

"Althea! You shouldn't be out of bed." Yeilk who spot her rush to her.

"Nala. Where's Nala?"

A shadow came over Yeilk's face. He lift her into his arms and bring her back inside.

"Where is Nala?"

He place her on the bed without saying anything.

"Please tell me." He finally look at her and she broke down in tears at the look on his face. A look of pure vulnerability.

"I'm sorry love."

"No. No she can't be gone. She can't." Yeilk get in behind her so she was settled between his legs. "She can't."

Rubes came in. Her eyes were puffy and red.

Althea bury her face in Yeilk's chest. She's trying to digest the news of Nala's passing. She was one of the first women she met when she just land in this world.

She blame that damn Queen! Nala would still be alive if she wasn't so damn power hungry. She lost a sister because of that damn vile woman!

She wipe her tears angrily.

Yeilk tilt her head back, wiping the tears. "Everything will be OK. Her death won't be in vain. Do you trust me?" She nod. "None of what happen is your fault."

She know it wasn't her fault. The fault was sitting atop a throne starving people.

"What are you going to do?"she asked.

"We'll resume your training as soon as you're better. In the meantime we'll hatch a plan. I should have done something sooner."

"I know you don't have the best memories there."

"Rubes told you?" She nod. "Did she tell you the vile woman drug me and chain me to her bed?"

Althea feel like she's about to throw up.

"Some friends that I got there found me before she could do anything and I escape and come here. I held a deep grudge against her. I was just never brave enough to face those demons."

"You don't have to face it alone." He bury his face in her neck and they sit there in a comfortable silence.

Althea mind went back to her family. She hasn't thought of them in a while and she feel bad about it. She admit that she miss her family but she kind of like life here.

Does that make her an awful person?

She don't know if when the time come for her to leave here she would take it. She don't think she'll have the guts to leave everyone behind.

Especially Yeilk.