Chapter 11

"You're getting better,"Rubes praised.

"Thank you. But I still have a long way to go. Let's go again."

They went at it again and Althea was starting to enjoy these training.

"OK let's rest. You did really good. Want to go to the  lake?"

"Yeilk said I can't go without him."

"He's so overprotective sometimes. We don't even know where he is."

"He's a busy man. We can just go to the river not for from here. It's close to home."

"OK let's go." They, along with a few other women, set off to the river to enjoy the sun that was still high in the sky. She need to get a tan.

She strip and they dive into the water. She was comfortable around the women so there's no need to hide. They all have the same thing.

She stay in the shallow considering she can't swim. She lay down on her belly and soak up the sun.

"So...what do you think of my brother?"

"He's OK."

Rubes blink. "OK? He's must be more than OK. You sleep with him."

"Correction. I sleep beside him. Not with him."

"Yet."

"Get your mind out of the gutter!"

Rubes laugh and sit up. "He's watching."

Althea perk up. Rubes laugh making her face turn red. "Joking. You should have seen your face."

"You're despicable."

"We should head back now." Staying too long is not a chance Rubes want to take.

They get dress and walk back.

She was tired and a nap sounds wonderful.

"Althea."

Yeilk call for her from the door of his home. She wonder where he wander off to. Walking over to him he pull her inside.

"Where did you go?"

"Check with an old friend." She sit on the bed with her legs tuck under her. "I got you a sword."

"Really?" He take a sword off his back and held it out to her. "Thank you!" She take in the details with great interest. The intricate details were beautiful. "I love it."

"You deserve it. You've come a long way into your training." She get off the bed hug him.

"Oops sorry." Althea step back with her face red.

Yeilk glare at Rubes who doesn't look sorry one bit.

"What do you want?"

"I come for Althea. She hasn't eaten all day." Yeilk look at Althea with a not so happy look.

"I was busy!"she protested. In truth she wasn't really hungry. She ate alot the night before so it keep her for most of the day.

"Go and eat." She nod and hurry out with Rubes.

"He's so scary."

They walk to the fire and took a seat. Food was passed to them and she didn't waste anytime digging in.

"We should go berry picking tomorrow,"Rubes suggested and Nala and the other women agreed. "Some of the men always accompany us so we should be safe."

"Sure. It's sounds fun."

It sounds more than fun since she has never been berry picking before. She seem to be doing alot of things she has never done before coming to this world.