Chapter 22

Yeilk scowl at the thought of Althea leaving. He was afraid of the decision she will make. He didn't think the time for to leave will come so fast after everything they have been through together.

He lean against the wall as he watch her speak to Master Anan.

"She will make the right choice brother. You two were made for one another. Master Anan choose her for a reason."

"What if she does leave?"

"Trust me she won't leave you behind. Here she comes."

Althea walk over to them, her face void of no emotion.

"I'm sorry Yeilk. Home calls."

"So you're leaving." He hang his head as he couldn't look at her. He's afraid he'll find someway for her to stay and he want her to be happy.

"I'm here to stay." His head snapped up to look at her. "I'm not leaving you."

Yeilk pull her to him. The relief he felt is over whelming.

"Home is where you are."

"I told you!" Rubes couldn't stop cheering.

"I want to see how you would react if I say I was leaving."

"How do you expect me to react woman. You're breaking my heart."

She laugh and hug him tighter.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily."

"Serpents!"

They pull apart and draw their swords.

"Those vile things are looking for war."

"Chief Yeilk. We meet again."

"Loes." The town people went into hiding leaving only Yeilk and his tribe.

"I heard you killed the queen."

"He didn't. I did." Loes look at Althea with a raise eyebrow.

If he wasn't such a vile person he would be good looking in her eyes but she can't see pass all the evil deeds he has done.

"Are we going to fight or not?"Rubes asked.

"No. I didn't come here to fight. I'm here to make peace."

"Peace?" They look at him like he was crazy.

"I don't want to fight anymore. I don't want my kid to grow up with war at every corner. Yes I have a woman don't look so surprise. I call truce."

"Why should we trust you after what you did to Althea? I should be killing you right now."

Loes fall to his knees with his head bent.

"I sincerely apologize Chief Althea. I take whatever punishment you see fit."

They stood there in surprise. Althea wonder if this is some kind of joke.

"Stand up,"Yeilk finally said. "If you go back on your words you'll be tasting my blade."

"A Chief's words are his bond."

"Then I call truce." They shake hands on it.

Chief Loes bow before leaving with his people.

"Well today is just full of surprises. It's getting dark so we should call it a day."

"Annunciate nos cras relinquemus clara et mane." [Announce that we will leave tomorrow bright and early]

Rubes nod before walking away.

"Let's go get something to eat. I'm starving."

They walk back to the castle where all the food was. Her tummy was reminding her every second that it need to be fed.