Chapter 30

"We meet again brother."

"Stop this nonsense Ruel. We don't have to do this."

"Yes we do brother. You betrayed be."

"No one betrayed you,"Althea said. "You let your own greed blinded you."

"You must be Chief Althea. You're as beautiful as they say."

Ruel was almost built like Yeilk with shoulder length hair, dark eyes and black veins covering all the skin she could see.

"Stop this Ruel. You're killing yourself."

"You're the one who is killing me! You make me do this!"

"Stop Ruel. We can work this out. You're my brother and I don't want to hurt you. Let me help you."

For a moment Althea saw how vulnerable it looks before his face was blank once again.

"No you will not change my mind!"

He throw a orb of dark magic at them. They just barely got out of the way.

"Ruel I don't want to hurt you. This isn't what father would want us to do. This isn't what our sister want to see you do."

"You think I'm a fool. We don't have a sister."

He throw another orb at Yeilk which Yeilk shatter with his sword.

"She was born after you left. She's as hot headed as you most times. But she's as good as you were."

Ruel clutch his head as he stumbled back. "No. No."

"That's not Ruel Yeilk."

"The veins. Step back love. I'm about to break my own promise. Whoever you are I want back my brother."

Ruel laugh. "Your brother. Your brother is long gone. He make the perfect vessel. He put up quite the fight. It was fun breaking him."

"Well I want my brother back!"

Yeilk raise his sword above his head and bring it down into the ground.

Althea covered her eyes as a blinding white light grew from the hilt of the sword.

"No!"

"He might have practice dark magic but I will always bring light. He's my brother despite the path he took and I'll rather die than to see someone hurt him."

Yeilk twist the sword sending a large orb of light as Ruel. Althea cover her ears from the shrill voice of whatever was controlling Ruel.

"Go back where you came from!"

When the light clear Ruel was on the ground unmoving. No one move as they don't know if it was Ruel or if it's still the awful creature.

"It's over." Yeilk went to his brother and fall to his knees. The veins were gone and his skin look healthier. "Ruel. Ruel wake up."

Ruel eyes open. They were unseening for a while until they focus on Yeilk.

"It's ok. You're safe now."

"Where am I?"

"Where you belong brother. You're home." Althea join them.

"Welcome home Ruel. I'm Althea."

Yeilk sit him up and Ruel look like he haven't ages in years.

"I'm sorry. I tried. I tried to stop him."

"It's not your fault. We know now. But he's gone and that's all that matters. That entity will never get to you again."