Chapter 8

The soldier enter the throne room and fall to one knee.

"My Queen."

"Report."

"All troops you sent has been killed."

"Killed?"

"Chief Yeilk slaughter them all my Queen."

Queen Yani wasn't happy with the news. She know Yeilk was a hard-core warrior but she didn't think he would the kill soldiers so easily.

"And the girl?"

"Chief Yeilk protects her."

That got Queen Yani attention. Yeilk protecting a woman means he has taken a interest in her.

After the death of King Thidus, Chief Yeilk only protects those in his tribe. He doesn't show mercy to outsiders but for him to protect this girl means she's important to him.

"Anything else I should know?"

"The serpent Chief also wants her. He tried to take her but lost a man to Yeilk's sword."

"Interesting. I want that girl. With her I can get Yeilk to do my bidding. Finally something to tame the beast. Take as many soldiers. Make sure you return with the girl."

"Yes my Queen."

The soldier stood and take his leave.

Queen Yani chuckle to herself. After years of waiting for the perfect opportunity, it has finally presented itself.

Althea wipe sweat from her brow as Rubes teach her how to use a sword. She wasn't getting it at all.

"Rubes I'm tired."

"We can't give up now."

"Take a break." Yeilk join them. "Walk with me."

"I don't think I can walk right now." She sit on the ground in a rather dramatic fashion.

Yeilk lift her and she hang on. He was so tall the ground seem really far away.

"Don't drop me."

Rubes chuckle before picking up Althea's sword.

"Don't have too much fun." Althea's face redden.

Yeilk walk off towards the forest and it scare her.

"You won't get hurt while I'm with you."

That didn't help her trauma one bit. Whenever she look at the forest all she see is that ugly grey serpent. She wonder what else is in this world.

"Where are we going?"

"To the stream."

"I can't swim."

He look down at her and raise a perfect brow. She was jealous of them. And the lashes. And the damn skin. She groan in annoyance. Being a woman is hard.

"You'll have to learn."

"What else do I have to learn?"

"Every form of survival. I don't know how it is where you came from but here survival is a top priority or you get killed. It's kill or be killed."

That's the most he has ever spoken and she stare at him awe.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"You're beautiful." She slap a hand over her mouth.

Damn it damn it damn it!

She curse the lack of control her mouth has.

"Don't go falling for me just yet."

She hid her face in embarrassment.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about. I know how I look. You're not the first woman to comment on my looks you know."

Lord help her!

She don't know where all the courage comes from but she want it gone.

ASAP!

She will die of embarrassment around this man.