"Look, I don't know what you're talking about"

"Did you betray him? Did you help them?"

"No, I didn't! And this isn't the place to talk about this"

"What do you mean you didn't? There is no way he went willingly"

Cameron looked around and sighed, "Hanon, this isn't the place to talk about this. I'm working here" He whispered and tried to turn around, but I caught his wrist.

I leaned closer to him, "Listen, Cam. I've known the owner of this café for years, and I can confidently say that he trusts my word. If I tell him about all your bullying and you framing me, you will lose your job, and I will make sure he lets every other café owner near know as well"

He looked shocked and didn't speak at first. I was also very surprised with myself. I had never threatened anyone.

"Unless you want to work for them. I  bet they gave you a bunch of money to ruin everything"

He gulped hard,  and his eyes widened, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Hanon, it's just-" He lowered his voice, "I'm scared"

He glanced at something behind me, but when I went to look, he caught my shirt, "Don't look behind you. Please" He whispered as quietly as possible.

"They're watching you" I mouthed and he nodded.

I didn't want to do what I did next, but I was desperate for answers.

"If you don't tell me, I'll make a scene and give you out. Tell me, did Kai go willingly?"

He nodded.

Before I could even process it, my eyes were filled with tears. I let go of his shirt and took a step back.

"Tell Kai I hate him" I spat out.

He nodded again.

Then, I decided to put up an act so that Cameron would be safe. It wasn't his fault after all and our conversation could look suspicious from afar.

"You don't know? You were the only one a little close to him and you don't know? He couldn't have done this without a reason!" I said louder so that the people watching him would hear.

Cameron had a confused look at first, but he caught on pretty quick.

"Maybe he was just fed up of being kept inside"

"He wasn't like this!"

"Hanon, please leave, I'm working here. You wouldn't want this reaching the boss"

I paused for a second, then turned around and left.

I wiped my tears away as soon as I left the café. Walking away, I quickly searched for suspicious people.

The café was well known in this town. Most people were regulars or had been here once or twice. The only people that could be new here would be couples or students.

The three men sitting at the table weren't regulars, and they looked very suspicious. 

I went back home and tried to process what I had just heard.

"He went willingly?" I asked myself.

Cameron couldn't have been lying about it. He wouldn't tell me they were watching him if he was going to lie.

Right? Right.

I cursed Kai in my head. He was so stupid he went there willingly.

What is he doing right now? Is his father back to abusing him? He's probably mad about him leaving, so he must've taken it all out on him.