Murtasim took her hands in his and gazed into her eyes with unwavering sincerity. "You look absolutely stunning, Meerab. There's nothing weird about it. You're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on, Meri Jaan," Murtasim said with love and admiration.

Meerab blushed at his remark. As they stood in silence, Murtasim stared at Meerab, wanting to capture the sight of her in his mind. She looked absolutely gorgeous, and he found it hard to take his eyes off her. Yet, what captured his attention the most was her striking reddish-maroon lipstick. The vivid hue made her lips an enchanting focal point, contrasting brilliantly against her dark dress. It was a bold and striking choice that accentuated her natural beauty, and Murtasim found himself momentarily spellbound.

"Why are you staring again Murtasim?" Meerab said, the intensity of his stare making it hard for her to speak properly.

"Why? Can't I just admire my wife?" Murtasim replied, moving closer to Meerab.

"Nope," Meerab teased, her eyes sparkling with a mischievous twinkle.

"Saaf saaf kaho na, iss tarhan meri ankhon mein dekha nahi jaata,(tell me honestly that you can't resist the way I look at you)" Murtasim said, his voice deep, as he turned her around, their gazes meeting each other filled with unspoken emotions. As his eyes moved lower to her red luscious lips, Meerab's heart began to race uncontrollably, and the room seemed to get smaller, making her lose her breath.

"Murtasim," she whispered breathlessly, "we're going to get late."

"Then be it so," Murtasim's words hung in the air as he pressed his lips gently onto Meerab's. Their kiss was a fusion of longing and love, a silent affirmation of their affection for each other. Meerab closed her eyes, savoring the warmth of his lips, and her racing heart began to slow to the rhythm of their shared intimacy.

As they kissed, time seemed to stand still, and the world outside their embrace faded away. Murtasim's hands gently wrapped around Meerab's face as he cradled it, deepening the kiss. The room was filled with the soft, melodious sound of their synchronized heartbeats.

Finally, they pulled away, their foreheads pressed together as they stood in a comforting silence, their breaths synchronized. Murtasim's smile remained, a testament to the deep affection he held for Meerab.

Meerab's blush deepened, her cheeks adorned with the gentlest shade of pink and she playfully scolded, "You might have ruined my makeup, Murtasim!"

Murtasim grinned, his eyes twinkling with affection. "It's your fault for looking so pretty all the time that I can't resist it," he said, his voice filled with genuine adoration.

As Murtasim gently caressed Meerab's cheek with his thumb, his eyes never straying from hers. His voice, soft and affectionate, broke the silence. "Do we really have to go? How about we just ditch it and watch a movie at home instead?" Murtasim said, a hint of reluctance in his tone.

"Murtasim, I've been noticing you since yesterday when Uncle Shahnawaz told us about the invitation. Why are you behaving so strangely?" Meerab inquired, a touch of confusion coloring her words.

"I just don't like them," Murtasim admitted, his discomfort evident in his expression.

"Why?" Meerab questioned; her curiosity piqued by his unusual behavior.

"It's a long story," Murtasim replied with a sigh.

"But Uncle Shahnawaz strictly insisted that we all have to be present there, so we don't really have a choice. Come on now, let's go," Meerab took his hand and dragged him by her side as Murtasim sighed, not looking forward to the evening at all.