Chapter 35

Camila and Lauren lay in bed the tiny body of Henry wedged between them iPad in hand as they tried to snooze. They were exhausted from Christmas day and today wasn't going to be any less busy as in a few hours they were expected at Lauren's parents for their second Christmas day. A sudden burst of laughter startled Camila from her light sleep as something on one of Henry's games had amused him. She lifted her head and marveled at the way Lauren could sleep through it and rolled onto her back.

She grabbed the phone off the side and looked at the time seven-thirty well she wasn't going to sleep anymore so she might as well extract Henry from their bed, so he didn't wake Lauren and get him ready for the day. Moving carefully off the bed, she picked up Henry putting a finger to her lips to signal to be quiet. Camila padded over the fluffy carpet with Henry securely on her hip and headed towards his bedroom. Once inside she plopped him on the bed "Stay there little man while I run us a bath I want momma to lie in a little" Camila said. It was the only way she could get washed without Lauren being up and keeping an eye on Henry.

The few times she had chanced to have a quick shower with Henry in the next room she had come out to his room being turned upside down. Walking into the bathroom, she constantly strained her ears to make sure Henry was where he was supposed to be. Camila pushed the plugin and started the hot water running, adding his bubble bath mixture. Her hand pushed it around the water to start it bubbling up, and she emptied the net bag of bath toys into the water. Her head appeared around the door frame to Henry's bedroom and to her relief, he was still sitting on his bed engrossed in his game.

Camila turned to inspect her face in the mirror; hopefully, she would look better after the bath because now she looked sleepy and pale. She twisted the tap turning off the hot water and added a little cold to it then grabbed Henry from the bedroom. Stripping him, she placed the iPad to one side and sat him in the warm, bubbly water before stripping herself and climbing into the other end. Henry glared he didn't like her joining him in the bath "Sorry dude I need to do this morning we have grandma's later, and we can't be late" She smiled as he grunted and grabbed one of his toys.

"Did Henry enjoy Christmas day yesterday?" she said, but he took no notice. It had to be one of the best Christmas's Camila had ever had she thought relaxing back in the tub. Lauren had done an excellent job with the Christmas dinner, everyone, clearing their plates. Then after lunch, they had gone for a walk, and Henry tried to get the hang of his new bike but ended up with Shawn mainly pushing him with the parent handle. He understood how to move it with the pedals but struggled with steering, so they had strayed off in all directions.

They had spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies and picking at snacks as they encouraged Henry to play with some of his new toys. Shawn had stayed for another hour after Henry had gone to bed then got a friend to pick him up to have a drink with them in his apartment. Leaving her and Lauren to snuggle up together and watch a movie that didn't have minions in it. Her mind wandered to today as Henry splashed in the water and how much she enjoyed being around Lauren's family even Clara who could be a little cold sometimes. The way they just got Henry made her happy not many did and seemed to love him instantly. It was hard for Camila to let her guard down around others, but with Lauren and her parents, it had been easy. Even though they weren't married yet they felt like her family too, she just wished Sinuhe could be the same way.

"Right little man time to get washed" and she reached for the shampoo pouring some into her hands as she rubbed it into Henry's hair before he could pull too far away. His grumpy little face made her chuckle "Maybe if you didn't trash your bedroom when left alone I could shower" she said tickling his sides as he squirmed and giggled. "Close your eyes and mouth," she said, rinsing his hair and quickly grabbing a face cloth to dry his face. "Is Henry going to try and wash himself today?" she asked, and he shook his head maybe it wasn't best when they were going out today.