Chapter 6

Camila rushed around her apartment why did she feel so much pressure about this date. What the hell did Lauren mean by casual? Maybe she should think 'Lauren casual' and not hers. It was ten to eight, and she wasn't dressed; she knew Lauren would be on time so she would just have to put something on and hope for the best. Her bedroom looked like a bomb had gone off as she picked up an arm full of clothes and chucked it on the chair. She didn't have time to worry about it now.

She closed her eyes and stuck her arm in the wardrobe whatever she pulled out she would wear. She reached into her closet and pulled some clothing off the rail. She opened her eyes. It was a checked shirt oh well, and she put it on. There was a knock at her door that made her jump. She walked towards the door, buttoning up the shirt. She peered through the peephole, and there stood Lauren as impatient and sexy as ever. Camila sighed, and looking like she has just walked off a runway.

Camila hurriedly tucked her shirt into her Jeans and opened the door. She continued fussing with the shirt trying to look presentable. Lauren looked her up and down "I don't recall telling you we were going to the Rodeo Miss Cabello!" "Or would you like me to wait till you pick up your axe and you can fell some trees.

Camila rolled her eyes "fine I will go change" said Camila as she sighed.

"No! It's okay that will have to do, maybe grab a jacket, not the red one!" Lauren sighed. Camila saluted when she got out of Lauren's eye line "I saw that Miss Cabello, hurry up."

Camila got into Lauren's car damn did she own anything that wasn't fancy she thought clipping her seatbelt in the Mercedes. She pulled down the mirror poking at her face "Sorry I didn't have time to put on any makeup" Camila said.

Lauren fastened her seatbelt "You don't need it" she said as she started up the car. Camila looked shocked had Lauren just paid her a compliment wow. Although it wasn't the first time, she had said some things while they had been having sex. Lauren switched on the radio as they set off.

Camila was quite surprised she imagined Lauren to be quite a reserved driver, She never exceeded the speed limit, but she pushed it. Camila relaxed back in her seat, wondering where they were going, there was no obvious clue in the car she had looked. She started to sing along to the radio as 'If You Can't Give Me Love' came on.

Lauren kept glancing as Camila sang

"Your touch took my breath away. But when you said hello are you ready to go. Well, I had just one thing to say. If you can't give me love honey that ain't enough, let me go look for somebody else. And if you can't give me feelings with old fashioned meanings, then just stay in love with yourself."

Lauren leaned over and changed the station. Camila looked at her, confused. The lyrics made her a little uncomfortable and hit too close to home.

They arrived twenty minutes later at a stable. Camila's unease made an unwelcomed return as Lauren's face lit up. They climbed out of the car and Camila followed Lauren into one of the stables. "I wanted to show you something I love" Lauren beamed. She walked up to the stable door and stroked the horse "This is Bucephalus, have you ridden before?"

Camila shook her head, and she didn't intend to now, horses weren't like cars they had a mind of their own. "I would love to see you riding though," Camila said hoping that was the end of it.

"I could teach you" Lauren offered, she didn't want to offend her, but she didn't want to get on a horse.

"Maybe next time, but you should ride still," Camila said enthusiastically.

"Are you sure?" Lauren asked and Camila nodded as Lauren unlocked the stable door. Camila smiled as Lauren stroked the horse, touching her face to his. So Lauren was capable of loving something Camila could clearly see how much she loved the horse. They walked out of the stables "I won't be long, are you sure you don't mind this is supposed to be a date."